Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For summer riding I prefer boots that allow some airflow while protecting the foot and ankle. My current pair of Icon Tarmac Ventilated are starting to fall apart after several years of constant wear and I am considering the Icon Tarmac 2, which is Icon's replacement of what I own. But it looks more like a reinforced athletic shoe than it does a motorcycle boot. Anyone have this boot, or anyone who has another warm weather boot that they can recommend?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Sidi boots look nice, but for warmer weather I prefer a shorty boot. I just went and ordered the Icon Tarmac 2 boots. I have been very happy with the original Icon Tarmac, and though the Tarmac 2 looks more like an athletic shoe than a motorcycle boot I am going for it anyway. Its less costly than the Sidi as well, by about $65.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I would update this thread. I bought the Icon Tarmac 2 ($135 from Motorcycle Superstore; also available at the same price from Revzilla). Just as with the original Icon Tarmac Ventilated Boot, I ended up needing a size 11 whereas I wear a size 10 shoe. They are made quite narrow, which is why I needed a full size larger than my normal shoe size. They are much less boot-like than the original Icon Tarmac boot, and much more like reinforced athletic shoes. But they work very well on the motorcycle, comfortable on shifting and braking, good grip on the road when my feet are on the ground, and provide some degree of ventilation for hot weather.

After several hours of riding they were feeling pretty tight on my feet, again due to the narrow design. Hopefully they will stretch a bit with more use. They are very suitable for walking around when off the bike, much more so than other motorcycle boots.

Overall a good value for the price, and they seem to meet the need for a basic boot giving reasonable protection but allowing for some airflow and thus being good for hot summer riding weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts