Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm sitting at a light I like to vape on my ecig but I have to be ready to put it away quickly and get moving. Any of you have a good storage option for an ecig? When I'm wearing my leather jacket I just tuck it into the inside pocket but the weather is warming so I'm wearing that less and less so I'd like to get something on my Vaquero that I can just securely stash it away and go when the light turns green. Oh and I did just buy the Vaquero so I'm being pretty cheap right now until I get it paid off, or at least paid down.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
If you put a water bottle holder on the bars you can stuff it fairly quickly between the foam. At least it would work in the one I have on my bike. The foam is rather stiff so would hold it just fine.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
A security card lanyard and a rubber band. Just wear it around your neck and drop it down your shirt quickly when not in use.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Until that silly switch locks in that closed position. Then I think you'll wish you didn't do that. Or do vaps not use a battery like the ecigs? Shows you how much I know about them!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ha, you could bring back the 80's and get a pencil pocket protector. But don't forget to put some tape on the glasses......

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
I have the neck strap that holds my provari and if need be i just reach for it and take a hit while it's in it's pouch. I always have nicotine gum in my mouth (especially when riding) so urge of needing to hit my provari is little to none while riding.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Just man up and stop smoking altogether. If you can't do it cold turkey, try Chantix.

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
If one vapes they have stopped smoking.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
If one vapes they have stopped smoking.
Not here. Folks vape because they can't smoke but as soon as they can smoke they do. Now the laws are changing or may have already changed so that vaping is just as illegal as smoking. We are in a transition phase right now in my part of the world.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
If any of you are still smoking,stop before it is too late. I started smoking as a kid when it was"cool" and before we knew it caused lung cancer. I quit after 21 years as a 3pack a day smoker. That was 36 years ago and recent scans of my lungs still show me at high risk for lung cancer and emphysema. Cold turkey was tough but possible. Two weeks of misery then it started getting easier. Two weeks instead of an early, painful, miserable death.

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
Not here. Folks vape because they can't smoke but as soon as they can smoke they do. Now the laws are changing or may have already changed so that vaping is just as illegal as smoking. We are in a transition phase right now in my part of the world.
Really in Texas?

I know NY was one of the first to do the attack on smokers thanks to Nanny Bloomberg. Then heard they wanted to ban vaping in bars and resturants. NJ soon followed but I quit smoking by then. No one every gave me crap about hitting my provari in a public place except recently at Phantom fireworks. Sales guy was cool about it as he was a vaper and had same vape as mine. Was telling me store policy doesn't want vaping in store cause of all the fireworks (battery might blow up store). But never said crap about my smartphone's battery. Seeing there is no exposed spark in a vaping device, the people who make up the rules are not familar with how vaping works.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
If any of you are still smoking,stop before it is too late. I started smoking as a kid when it was"cool" and before we knew it caused lung cancer. I quit after 21 years as a 3pack a day smoker. That was 36 years ago and recent scans of my lungs still show me at high risk for lung cancer and emphysema. Cold turkey was tough but possible. Two weeks of misery then it started getting easier. Two weeks instead of an early, painful, miserable death.
I was a heavy pipe smoker. Average of two pounds a week. Stopped 30 years ago. That urge never left. One day I just lit up again with not even batting an eye. Stopped again at one pound a week. That's 15 years ago and I could light up right this minute. Those that say they stopped and it behind them, you are lucky. That monkey is always on my back.

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
I was a heavy pipe smoker. Average of two pounds a week. Stopped 30 years ago. That urge never left. One day I just lit up again with not even batting an eye. Stopped again at one pound a week. That's 15 years ago and I could light up right this minute. Those that say they stopped and it behind them, you are lucky. That monkey is always on my back.
Before vaping came to US I was using nicotine gum and nicotrol inhaler. Though I would use 3 viles of nicotrol together to give my throat that smoking effect. I would slip up and crave a cig when I was at a bar drinking. Other people smoking just enticed me to want to smoke while drinking. It wasn't till vaping did i never want a cig again or even think of it. Never had a slip up since then with a cig.

·
The 43rd Poser
440 Posts
Studies are now saying vaping is at least as dangerous as smoking, and probably worse, health wise.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Studies are now saying vaping is at least as dangerous as smoking, and probably worse, health wise.
I doubt it hurts someone else standing across a parking lot outdoors. College campuses in Illinois are banning all tobacco and vapor products at the end of this month.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts