Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a fair price for a 94 Softail FXSTC in great condition with 17k - 18k miles? What would be the most you would pay for one? I'm looking at one that is about $7k, but that seems high. Am I wrong? I know Harleys hold their value very well, but $7k sounds a little pricey for that bike. Let me know what you think. I can't post links or images yet ?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,671 Posts
I bought an 88 FXSTS almost 2 years ago. They wanted 8k for it. I didn't pay that, but it is what they were asking. I believe bluebook was 5.5k. Have you checked the bluebook listing for your area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked Critter, blue book price is about $7k! Geez, I thought the price would be lower by now. I wonder what they retailed for in 94? It's kind of rediculous that a newer car which has at least 8x the parts and materials can cost less than half as much in good condition.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm not knocking Harleys -- heck, if I could afford one I'd get one. But it does surprise me to look at local ads and find SO MANY for sale within 100 miles. If supply and demand had anything to do with it, it does seem the price would be lower. By far more Harleys advertised for sale than any other brand.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm not knocking Harleys -- heck, if I could afford one I'd get one. But it does surprise me to look at local ads and find SO MANY for sale within 100 miles. If supply and demand had anything to do with it, it does seem the price would be lower. By far more Harleys advertised for sale than any other brand.
The key words there are 'For Sale'. Doesn't say if anybody is buying them. My guess is that a lot of these for sale bikes are from 1st time riders that bought into the fantasy of the open road, didn't like it and are now trying to bail out and get some of their money back. Of all the thousands of Harleys' out there, I'm pretty sure there are a bunch like me. Although I have three other bikes in my garage, I'll NEVER sell my '66 FLH. It's old, it vibrates, parts fall off it, it leaks oil whenever it sits still, it's noisy, and yet.....there's something abut it that says MOTORCYCLE! And when I finally tip over? Hopefully with a 20 year old and a smile on my face, it goes to my Son. And then to my Grandkid.

Just look around Old, you might find one that's been 'rode hard and put away wet', but they are rebuildable. :wink2:

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,925 Posts
Just doing a quick check found this 1996 FXST for $4,900 ... I might pay 7 Grand for a Mint Softail Springer in that Year Range but that's the only one ..

Attachments

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
IMO mid 90s Harleys (and other bikes) are right in that low price butter zone. Not new bikes and they might need some tweaking, but too new to be classics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts