Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand New to forum. Have benefited greatly from all the discussions and hope to pass that along to future vintage crazies to come. Currently doing my 1st engine rebuild and feel it will be easier, and cheeper, than the Hem and Haw I get from every bike shop I encounter. Plus learning it is the only real way. It's going to be a money pit either way. Soo last bike CL350, 1 Helicoil insert, clubmans, custom twin pipes tucked under motor at base of frame W/O any baffles and Avon Roadrunner track slicks that felt like leather gloves on the road. The most responsive things ever. Had no idea what they were at the time just knew the would fit. Melted down front brake and bent rear brake rod during late night chase with buddy...Rod was pulled back and wrapped once around the rear axle?!! Yup! That's how I roll. On way to parts yard with 30% rear brake only I encountered the rear quarter panel of a Subaru Legacy and (much like Maverick in Top Gun)...I was inverted. Sadly I had no camera to capture the magic. About 1 second later I stood up in the street and promptly began dragging the fresh carcass off the road and gave the Police a Thumbs Up! All good here..Thanks. Old guy at scene asked, "Do you workout?" But your brain is much like apple sauce at times like these and I just smiled back. So now I've got another one and hope some kind master out there can guide the grasshopper home. That's my intro. Twisto Bikey / Scoot Jockey....

·
Knees 2 the breeze!
3,445 Posts
Welcome to the MCF from Southern Illinois!

God bless & ride safe!

Daddio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts