Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a V1100 and I'm seriously considering putting forward controls on it. Right now I've got the factory foootboards with the heel shifter. It feels okay, but on long rides I feel like I want to just put my feet up and cruise. My hesitations are 1) I've never ridden a bike with forward controls and 2) I'm not sure how it would look on my bike. What's the difference riding with forward controls? Anyone with a V1100 already have them and mind giving some imput?

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
another way to go, for the longer rides, is to get an engine guard and put highway pegs on, that way you can still keep your controls where they are at, might also be cheaper that way (most forward controls are around $400-$700 and can be a pain to install, the engine guards are cheaper)

·
Registered
428 Posts
you can also use control extentions, they arent' as far as forward (3-4.25 inches) but you can keep your stock. i have heard they don't work with freeway bars though. so you have to use one or the other. but they are the cheapest way to go. 75 bucks or so.

·
Registered
428 Posts
sorry, just to clarify, freeway bars and engine guards are the same. also i think forward controls are like 6-8 inches.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Got my 3" forward controls off ebay 50 bucks plus shipping. Not hard to install and is more comfy on long rides. I think i would like to get highway pegs still so i can move my feet around on long rides. As far as looks it looks the same. Sorry so late responding you have probably already done something and i hope it worked out well for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm still asking around. If there are any other opinions, please, let's have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts