Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve made my introduction at the new members page and now I’m hoping someone, at this page, can shed some light on my mystery. I recently purchased a 2005 Yamaha V-star midnight custom, what does the word ‘midnight’ mean??? I assume its got to be about the trim package but what? A web search yields one result saying all the chrome was blacked out. Okay, but I was hoping for a little more corroborating evidence than one small blurb from a single web page. As you can see from the picture of the bike nothing is blacked out, saved some part of the engine. The former two owners are no help, so what is everyone opinion?

Attachments

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
That looks more like a custom, the midnight should have a totally blacked out engine with the exception of the valve covers. I think some of the other chrome is blacked out on some models.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Welcome!!!

When I was a kid we had a '74 Duster. A Gold Duster to be precise. I asked my dad, "What's difference between a Duster and a Gold Duster?"

Dad got this really deep, thoughtful look on his face, took a long drag on his cigarette and replied, "Carpets."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts