Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i've recently acquired an 1100cc yamaha v-star that is carbeurated and air cooled. i'm taking the motor and trans out and installing it into a golf cart. i'm not the most mechanically inclined guy and welding isn't my strong suit, but when it's done i believe it will be well worth the effort.

since i'm going to be using everything i can from the bike as far as controls and wires are concerned i've been trying to remove this motor while taking leaving as much of the bike together as i can. i'm having a hard time with clearance though. it seems as though the motor hits the top of the frame as well as hangs below it. the motor is free i just can't seem to get it out. i also tried to leave it hooked to the tranny. do i have to seperate them?

also if someone knows of any kind of guide online to remove this motor that would suffice i think.

thank you all in advance.

·
Jack of all Trades, Master of None
217 Posts
Do you have any way of posting pictures? That might help us spot something you may not be seeing. I can't help you on the tranny question but there is a yamaha specific board here- they may be able to give you specifics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh

i didn't even think to buy a book. lol! i spent a few hours online and gave up. thank you guys.

i will try to get some pics up. my droid went through the washing machine and i can't seem to track down my digital camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts