Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
But Tesla uses a whole bunch of little 3.7V lithium cells in parallel and series.
And they also have enough control circuitry and computer power in the car to fly to Mars.
But your right, it can be done that way too!

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
Used to be smart E types could rewind an armature. Might make a come back.. I had at least two rewound. UK
Why not put a few solar panels on top and charge as you fly?
There is a race across Australia for solar powered cars. They are light weight with skinny tyres, and need about 75 square feet or more of solar panels. UK

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Used to be smart E types could rewind an armature. Might make a come back.. I had at least two rewound. UK

There is a race across Australia for solar powered cars. They are light weight with skinny tyres, and need about 75 square feet or more of solar panels. UK
My very first mechanical job 40 years ago was in a motor rewinding shop. I used to wind motors, generators, armatures, all that stuff.
It’s mostly a lost art today, it’s cheaper to buy new than rebuild unless it’s special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,660 Posts
I think Tesla has a little more R&D money

Reactions: Porky

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
My very first mechanical job 40 years ago was in a motor rewinding shop. I used to wind motors, generators, armatures, all that stuff.
It’s mostly a lost art today, it’s cheaper to buy new than rebuild unless it’s special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is special with a lot of old bikes. Generators and magnetos. Someone in my bike hang was looking for a rewind a couple of weeks ago. For some guys it is easy, while others make it a voodoo art. I have met both, but so long ago the details are missing. However I do remember the first big romantic event in a 36 Vauxhall. There was more room in the back seats in those days. UK

·
Registered
Can-Am Ryker 600, Ayro 311 Electric Reverse Trike
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Weird! Even though they haven't produced any for a while, they still have the 311 shown on their website: https://ayro.com/ayro-311
BTW: They even said they sold all their remaining spare parts to a 3rd party!!! I hope if I need a part, they'll supply me with the name and address/phone # of said company.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Update: 2nd one broke in the same manner as the 1st one!!! I made it a whole 65 miles on the odo.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,660 Posts
You have got to be ^^&^%$Y%$ me. That sucks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well shoot. I was hoping to hear good news continue to be happening.
I know, it makes no sense. Did they not field trial these things?

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
crap

·
American Legion Rider
22,825 Posts
Update: 2nd one broke in the same manner as the 1st one!!! I made it a whole 65 miles on the odo.
Well doggone it anyway!!! I think you are seeing why they sold out. Obviously some basic flaw they have no answer for. Or it's just typical Chinese junk requiring much repair to stay on the road. Are you going to demand a complete refund and settle for as much as you can get or go through the whole hassle of yet another replacement?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Are you going to demand a complete refund and settle for as much as you can get or go through the whole hassle of yet another replacement?
Not sure what I'll do. The ball is in the dealer's court right now. If a 3rd one breaks in the same way, since I have a Registered vehicle, I could do what I want with it with a redesign. I could could have an automotive or motorcycle machine shop replace drive train with a small diesel engine and CVT transmission to achieve highway speeds.

·
American Legion Rider
22,825 Posts
So it’s okay at parking lot speeds but breaks at highway speeds? I assume you are following the recommended break-in per the owners manual correct? Or are they so cheap they don’t even come with one of those? Will they give at least some of your money back if you end up making it road worthy or will take the hit there. Might be too early to answer that one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So it’s okay at parking lot speeds but breaks at highway speeds? I assume you are following the recommended break-in per the owners manual correct? Or are they so cheap they don’t even come with one of those? Will they give at least some of your money back if you end up making it road worthy or will take the hit there. Might be too early to answer that one.
LOL. No break-in for electric vehicles! They just say batteries take 20-30 charging cycles for optimum performance.

Obviously if it has a defect, it is still there at parking lot speeds as well as highway speeds. But there is more strain obviously on the drive train at top speed than 5 MPH, so not likely to fail then, rather at much higher speeds.

The 1st one failed at 40 MPH, after I had been at 50 MPH earlier. 2nd one was at 50 MPH.

·
8,224 Posts
OMG !!!!!!! This Debacle may go on forever, Ad infinitum, to infinity; endlessly; without limit. :poop:

Made in CHINA from an old Vachina I bet.o_O

Sam😁:cool:

41 - 60 of 100 Posts