Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Can-Am Ryker 600, Ayro 311 Electric Reverse Trike
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd never see this day, after all their hemming and hawing, BS, dozens of promises not kept. I just was delivered S/N 33. Original one was 34. It came with 1.0 mile on it.

I ended up sending Title for bad one to the manufacturer over two weeks ago, and dealer was to send bad unit (which they picked up some time ago) back to them.

Now the fun begins, with who knows how many problems I'll have with this one, or hopefully everything will be fine.

IMG_20201119_112820_1.jpg

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
Well very good. But I don't know whether to suggest you hammer it for all it's worth or take if extremely easy to see if you can get passed the 34 mile mark. Probably best to pretend you never had the first one and just proceed per the owners manual. But good luck which ever way you plan to test it or break it in. You may need all the luck you can get.(y)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well very good. But I don't know whether to suggest you hammer it for all it's worth or take if extremely easy to see if you can get passed the 34 mile mark. Probably best to pretend you never had the first one and just proceed per the owners manual. But good luck which ever way you plan to test it or break it in. You may need all the luck you can get.(y)
It was after four (4) miles I put on it when it broke.

·
8,052 Posts
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? 💩

Good luck!😁

Samo_O

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? 💩

Good luck!😁

Samo_O
Kept hanging in there, expecting repair or replacement week after week, expecting difference result than the week before, and sure enough, got different result!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,461 Posts
So they gave you an older one? :)

Keep us in the loop and how this one goes.

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So they gave you an older one? :)

Keep us in the loop and how this one goes.
Nope! Brand new one, VIN # 33. Original one was # 34. But date of mfg. was 4/19.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,878 Posts
What's date of manufacture on vin #33

I ran that vin number through my VIN decoder, it's telling me it's 15 digits short.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's date of manufacture on vin #33

I ran that vin number through my VIN decoder, it's telling me it's 15 digits short.
Yes, of course VIN has a bunch of digits. There are about 5 zeros before the 33. Manufacture date: April, 2019.

BTW: I misread the total mileage on it. The only time you can display total miles is when you 1st "turn it on". After that, it displays trip only. I subtracted miles on my trip I took yesterday from total miles displayed today, and it had about 33 miles when I got it. They said they were going to test it out before they brought it.

·
Secret Agent
1,878 Posts
What was build date of vin 34?

·
Secret Agent
1,878 Posts
Nope! Brand new one, VIN # 33. Original one was # 34. But date of mfg. was 4/19.

Ok, you confused me when you told critter it was a brand new one after he said they gave you an older one(implying 33 came off the line BEFORE 34).

Hopefully this one lasts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, you confused me when you told critter it was a brand new one after he said they gave you an older one(implying 33 came off the line BEFORE 34).

Hopefully this one lasts
Thanks!

But now I'm confused about your confusion. Both 33 and 34 were sold or replaced as being brand new as they've never been Titled to a consumer previously. the 1st one (34) had 16 miles on it when I got it, and the 33 replacement had around 33 miles. Both made in April, 2019.

BTW: I got a bit scared going to Walmart today with a FULL charge, and after only 4.5 miles, the battery charge gauge dropped two bars. After shopping for about 1/2 hour, the gauge read full upon leaving, and remained full most of the way home.

Manual says it takes 20-30 charge cycles to achieve full battery performance. I guess I'll keep cycling and see what happens.

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
Are you going to have to run the battery down to as close to nothing before recharging so you don’t get the battery memory problem or do those batteries not have that problem to begin with?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you going to have to run the battery down to as close to nothing before recharging so you don’t get the battery memory problem or do those batteries not have that problem to begin with?
Is that a problem with lead-acid?

BTW: When ever I need new batteries, I'm gonna replace with lithium. I recently did same with a golf cart, and lost hundreds of pounds of weight (one 26 pound battery vs. 6 - 64 pound batteries), increased battery life from 3-4 years to 7-10 years, and the battery cost for lithium with new charger was considerably less than obsolete lead-acid.

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don’t think so but to be honest I’m not sure. Me and electrical stuff don’t see eye to eye.
Manual says to recharge after every use, so I suspect not.

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
(y)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But I wonder how good the batteries remain after sitting for 19 months.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts