Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there, i own a second hand 2003 honda NX4 Falcon, only sold in south america and portugal, and i wanted to give it some love so i decided to check if anything needed to be bought new, and i descovered that the return cable for the butterfly valve was not in place and where that cable was suposed to be, there was another cable conecting to the top of the carburetor. i removed that cable from the butterfly valve, turned the bike on, pulled the accelerator, and it did accelerate, the accelerator cable was doing its job, then i only pulled the unknown cable conectiing to the carb, and it didnt do anything. i looked through the intake manifold, and that cable was moving something, but i cant say what. i tried accelerating with that cable pulled and not pulled and it didnt seem to do anything but it was definetly moving something in the carb.

anyone have any ideas what it could be for? should i remove it and put the return cable in place? or leave it?

i took some pictures to help (unknown cable has blue marks on both ends)

Automotive tire Gas Metalworking Auto part Machine

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger Bumper Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Auto part

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It appears that someone by butchery has tried to convert a CV carb into a direct lift one.

The cable going into the flat top cover of carb does not go there and betting there is butchery under that cover as well, there being no place to attach a cable to under it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears that someone by butchery has tried to convert a CV carb into a direct lift one.

The cable going into the flat top cover of carb does not go there and betting there is butchery under that cover as well, there being no place to attach a cable to under it.
thanks, i will open the carb and see whats going on there. ill keep this post updated if i ever need help again

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
One cable pulls the valve open, the second cable makes absolutely certain the same valve closes, both should normally go all the way up to the twist throttle and yes, it sure does look like somebody modified the round slide valve to make it operate by cable instead of vacuum.
Why don't you just take it all apart and clean it all up nice and see what's been done inside there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.