Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
19,020 Posts
They will give you a ticket here for backing into the parking places. It's angled head in parking so you have to back out into traffic. So I back in with my nose or front tire even with other rear bumpers. That's how I found out they will ticket you for that. Even though it is far safer for the motorcyclist to be able to pull out and be gone rather than block traffic backing out. I won my case by the way. Did they change the law? Nope. At least not that I'm aware of. It still applies to cars. No exception to motorcycles. At least not that I can find.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
In Georgia we have always only had rear plates. A few years ago they started putting chips in the renewal stickers. There are patrol cars that can read the tags just by getting in the general vicinity of the vehicle. They can even pick you up on the interstate traveling in opposite directions. Their in car computer will tell the location and direction of travel of the suspect vehicle.
When the law was first passed to use the tag readers, it was only to be used in cases of stolen vehicles or child abductions. But within short order (and with out a vote) everything is on the table as to when they use these,

·
American Legion Rider
19,020 Posts
Give an inch take a mile, nothing new there. :mad: :cry::mad:

·
Registered
300 Posts
The poor OP is going to change his mind and move to Estonia, instead of Texas, if we keep discussing this stuff.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The other side of license plate readers is if a car, or license plate, is stolen, they will be alerted to that too. Bad if you have outstanding parking tickets, great if your stolen car (license plate) is recovered.

·
American Legion Rider
19,020 Posts
The other side of license plate readers is if a car, or license plate, is stolen, they will be alerted to that too. Bad if you have outstanding parking tickets, great if your stolen car (license plate) is recovered.
Well now you told all the bad guys this so they'll just remove the tag and put one of their own on the vehicle. But they probably knew that anyway. It was just some of us good guys that didn't.
:) :) :)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts