Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday was accidentally rev to hard on 3rd gear and when I got home there was a strange noise the next day the engine light came on and the bike sounds louder (like if it has more rpm)

Any idea what it could be ??

Thanks

Had to bring my car to work ;(

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
A few details would help.
Bike and model, oil level, how many revs, frequency of sound in relation to engine revs. And: What did you do that for.

Lets assume the engine still turns over with the starter motor. Or you could turn it over by turning the crank, with the spark plugs out. That would reveal if you have a broken crank or connecting rod. We do not know how many of them you have. Maybe the cam chain stretched, but if it is a push rod motor we can scratch that. However I am voting for something wrong with a valve or two. Springs can break, but it may have torsion bars.

Give us some details. UK

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Most fuel injected engines and even modern carb'd ones won't allow an over-rev situation due to the ECM but as Krusty said, we need more info:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bike and model, oil level, how many revs, frequency of sound in relation to engine revs. And: What did you do that for.

Lets assume the engine still turns over with the starter motor. Or you could turn it over by turning the crank, with the spark plugs out. That would reveal if you have a broken crank or connecting rod. We do not know how many of them you have. Maybe the cam chain stretched, but if it is a push rod motor we can scratch that. However I am voting for something wrong with a valve or two. Springs can break, but it may have torsion bars.

Give us some details. UK
I totally for got that part lol..
It's a harley davidson 2019 iron 883 xl
I did a oil change like 2 weeks ago ,it just sounds louder

Stupid me was lane splitting on the freeway and a car got to close to me and I gave it gas but a little to much ????

Thanks for the reply ..this is my first mortocycle

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
How many miles have you got on it? Being that new of a bike with fuel injection, it's hard to imagine you actually damaged something just by winding it out in third gear. Might be best to have a mechanic listen to it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Give us some details. UK
I think I found the problem I found one of the co2 sensor out

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many miles have you got on it? Being that new of a bike with fuel injection, it's hard to imagine you actually damaged something just by winding it out in third gear. Might be best to have a mechanic listen to it.
the co2 came out of the exhaust idk how the hell that happen

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
Make sure the threads are good and not stripped out. It may take some time running for the ECM to correct everything. It was probably trying to correct several parameters and only running it some will get it to start correcting things. Or you could reload the stock map if you have a tuning device like a Power Vision or whatever HD uses. The Rev Limiter should have stopped any damage from occurring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts