Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm looking into new tyres for my kawa z400 ltd. Standard is 130/90 16 back and 3.25 18front.
I want to have a little wider tyre in the front and same or close to same width in the back but I'm having trouble understanding what sizes I can use on the back tyre and the conversion of the numbers? routerlogin
I hope I've explained my "problem" in a manner you can understand.whatsapp web
Basically I want same tire size width and height both front and back. Is this possible with current rim's? 192.168.0.1

·
Ace Tuner
3,577 Posts
Basically I want same tire size width and height both front and back. Is this possible with current rim's?
No.
Your 3.25 front is only a little smaller than a 100/90 that is measured the metric way.
A 130 won't fit the front.

S F

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I don't know how much room you have up front, but you may be able to go up a little on the front and go a little smaller on the rear and get close to the look you want.

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
The bike shops have the books that list the tyres available. The book should also have the crossover reference from the old to new sizing. I do not know what year your bike is, but, some of the older bikes had very small gaps between the tyres and hard parts. I have a 100 90 on my XS400 Yamaha, and have no need to go any bigger.

UK

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking into new tyres for my kawa z400 ltd. Standard is 130/90 16 back and 3.25 18front.
I want to have a little wider tyre in the front and same or close to same width in the back but I'm having trouble understanding what sizes I can use on the back tyre and the conversion of the numbers?
I hope I've explained my "problem" in a manner you can understand.

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
It would be nice and appreciated if you would go to the New Members forum and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself. Folks tend to open up more if they feel they know you just a little bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.