Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
Looks good to me.
The important thing is that YOU need to like it!

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Looks good, even if I am not sure exactly what model/make it is from the photo (is it a Burgman?). The line between scooters and motorcycles is getting increasingly blurred. At one time the only "automatic transmission" motorized two wheelers were scooters, but now there are several motorcycles where shifting and clutching are not required. It used to be that scooters had tiny 11 or 12 inch wheels, but now some have wheels about the same size as some motorcycles. And the days of scooters being limited to tiny engines is long past. Some of the bigger scooters can easily keep up with full size motorcycles at Interstate highway speeds. A few years ago I was riding a Honda Silverwing, which I ended up trading in for a Triumph America once my rehab was really done following double knee replacement. In truth, the Silverwing was a far more capable machine with a lot more technical features than was the small cruiser from Triumph. But in my mind, I guess I didn't like the self image of riding a scooter instead of a motorcycle. Foolish and irrational, I know, but real at the time. Now I ride a Goldwing, and also ride a Honda PCX 150 and enjoy each of these in their own way. So just ride what you like and don't look back.

·
ScooterRider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. It got me on two wheels and now I understand much more about what crazy people behind one wheel are like. This has been truly eye opening. Maybe everyone should have to hit the streets on two to see what it's like. I don't think I've gone over 50mph yet. Sure is different than inside some steel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts