Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I’m getting ready to buy this motorcycle and the forks have some rock Nicks from riding behind people can I just loosen the clamps up and rotate these 90° to put the nicks on the backside..? Thanks for your help..!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
Doesn't this cause the potential of leaks with the tiny micro grooves of the wipers moved to a different place? Just wondering as I've never done it.
Probably yes.

Any irregularity in the surface of the forks will upset the seals. On my XS11 the front forks seals leak, and so do the rear shocks. It is very embarrassing. Later when I clean up the XS11, I have a decent set of forks, and will buy a decent set of rear shocks, The cheap made in Tawain shocks did not last.
Forks can be rechromed, but often it makes more sense to buy new forks from: ?? Forks by ?? have it somewhere.

UK

·
Registered
19 Posts
For the black areas, I'd just spray paint them with some black "Plastidip" spray paint. It can be peeled off if/when you want to remove it. I have a friend who had similar issues and it looked really good and lasted a couple years before he had to redo it.
It's available in various colors and matte or gloss in some of those.

·
Ace Tuner
3,772 Posts
OK so I’m getting ready to buy this motorcycle and the forks have some rock Nicks from riding behind people can I just loosen the clamps up and rotate these 90° to put the nicks on the backside..? Thanks for your help..!
Ohhhhh, the pic just showed up for me.
Yeah, you should be able to spin those around. Then when the 'new' front side gets chips you can paint 'em and start all over again.
So what kind and model of bike is it?

(You don't need Forks by Frank for that).

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
When turning them, there may be a small bolt at the bottom, that holds the fork to the outer tube. Loosen this bolt and re-tighten after the twist. Might be different with your forks, and might be different for upside down forks. But it is best to check. IMO

UK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK I gotcha I’ll look for a small bolt.. I know I wasn’t very explicit when I posted the thread it was late and I was tired… LOL and I never did get the pictures to load up on my end After I posted them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts