Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tipped my bike while loading it onto a trailer and I broke the front and rear turn signals on the left side. Luckily that was my only damage. I really didn't care for the look of the factory turn signals, and they are made of plastic, so it didn't take much to crack them.

So, I decided it would be a good time to upgrade. I'm going to replace the rear turn signals with some nice L.E.D. lights I found. It will actually be a turn signal/license plate frame combo. Very nice looking and rather than plastic turn signals, they will be aluminum.

My problem is finding a solution for the front turn signals.

This is what my front turn signals look like. I would like to switch over to something similar to these.

I've checked out these brackets, but don't believe they are an option, because my 2004 Honda Sabre has chrome fork covers and I don't think they make a bracket large enough to fit around them.

The current turn signals have large rubber grommets that fit into the mounting bracket. The new turn signals will not match up with the current brackets and I'm trying to figure out how I would mount the new turn signals? I also don't want unsightly wires hanging all over.

I appreciate any advice you guys can offer!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I believe that you could find those saddle clamps at an industrial supply such as Grainger, they should have them in much bigger sizes, and they would be exceptionally sturdy as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you're going from a bulb to LED, you will need 6 ohm, 50 watt resistors or the lights won't blink.

If the flasher unit was not made for LED's, it will think the bulb burned out when you try to use an LED...you have to put the resister in line with the LED in order to draw enough current to fool the flasher into thinking a bulb is installed and working. You will need one resister for each signal.

I just finished relocating the front turn signals on a bike. Luckily, in my state, you don't even have to have turn signals on a bike; only a headlight and running/brake light. So I bought 2 LED units and I mounted them on the sides of the headlight brackets...looks great..friend said "it looks factory".

Here's the resistor you need from a USA ebay seller...I searched high and low, this is the best deal on ebay for a 4 pack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221393780730?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts