Motorcycle Forum banner

Turn Signal Issue

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Thekerrick 
#1 ·
I replaced the bulbs in both my blinkers in the front (not stock) because one of them went out. I replaced both of the bulbs though because the new bulbs I bought were different then the ones in there.

Now my blinkers both work but flash really fast as if one of them is burnt out still. Its not a huge issue as they work but its mildly irritating. Thoughts?

#6 ·
I would check to see if they are the same style of bulb as the old ones. There are two elements in the bulb, one for a running light and another for a flasher.

A bit of corrosion in the bulb socket might be causing enough resistance to make the relay flash fast. That's a wild guess.

#7 ·
They are brand new aftermarket turn signals.

They only have one element as far as I know and aren't used as a running light. I doubt its corrosion.

What you said though has me thinking that maybe the new bulbs have two elements in them? Could that be a problem if the sockets were designed for bulbs with one?

#10 ·
That should be a single filament bulb then. I know too much resistance can cause a flasher to blink rapidly. The first thing I would try is to replace the bulb with one that has an identical part number that the original has. Bulbs are fairly cheap, and if that doesn't work, you always have a spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.