1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Nearly all tires made for tubeless wheels can be used with a tube. Once upon a time, tubeless tires had notices to not use tubes because of heat build-up, but I haven't seen that notice recently; it's possible, which is why I said 'nearly'. Tires designated tube-type don't have a strong enough sidewall and/or bead to work without a tube, prossibly because they are lighter.

To be sure if a given TL tire will accept a tube, you really have to contact the manufacturer, if the data sheet doesn't say so.

·
Ace Tuner
2,905 Posts
Quote from 450zuki:
2. I'm looking at these tires: TW39 Front and TW40 Rear - link below
3. Are these tires both Tubeless and TubeType in one tire? Meaning the same tire can be used TT or TL?

Answer:
No, the tire marked as TT is to be used on tubed wheels only. The tire marked as TL is for tubeless wheels.
Bridgestone designed the TW39/40 for specific applications. (TT or TL).
My guess is the TL tire can be lighter and not quite as stiff because a tube will be used.
Because your wheels are of the tubeless type the correct tire for your wheels would be the tire listed as TL.

If a tire is sold as tubeless/tube type it can be used on either type of wheel.
These days even tires marked as tubeless can be used with a tube on a tube type wheel.

Quote from 450zuki:
Here's another tire and they list it as TL/TT...does that mean it's your choice to Tube or not with same tire?
Answer:
Yes. Of course you would not use a tube with a tubeless wheel.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
wrong tire type

Man I have seen guys looking at tires. question the markings on them, choose a set for some idiotic reason like they want more traction or something, and buy the entirely wrong set of tires.

Look at your machine. Look at the manual. stop listening to us guys on the forums....

Buy the right tires for your machine, and.... you will have a good set of tires on there.

(hint. buy the right sizes, the right correct rating)

You asked if TL/TT tires are for tubeless wheels? They can be used on both, but if you have wheels designed for TL tires, why chance it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts