Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t had a bike in years, but finally got a new CB. Now it’s research time to see what necessities I can afford to put on the thing. Seems to me I need a trunk and hand grip covers. Looks to me like you need a mounting plate for a trunk, right? I haven’t seen a kit with both included. Are there quality products that can be had on-the-cheap? I’d like to get side boxes as well. It appears the same applies...need the mounting hardware first. Anyway...any advise on where, and what to look for, would be appreciated. Is eBay a viable option?

·
Registered
62 Posts
You said quality and cheap... possibly but not without some serious research. Usually in the world of wheels quality and cheap do no go hand and hand. I always recommend buying the highest quality you can afford. Saving up a little for stuff of the next grade up never hurts in the long run. In the mean time if you need to haul a small amount of cargo, use a back pack.

Check YouTube, Rocky Mountain, Revzilla and other popular bike vendors for their offerings, Honda is an option too. Don’t automatically avoid dealer accessories, they may not be the cheapest option, most of the time they are middle to top dollar but the biggest advantage is they are designed to work on your bike without modifications. Be wary of “universal”. Do you know the saying with universal parts?

Universal parts will universally not fit your application without modification.

So do your research, find your budget, and best of luck in your search. Also ask member here when you come across a product you are interested in, there are many people here that may have already tried what you are asking about and could offer insight.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I thought universal fit meant the part won't fit any bike in this universe. If you're handy with your tools, sometimes you can find motorcycle parts in pawn shops and with just a few minor "adjustments" you can make it fit.

I got an aftermarket fairing made for a Harley Road King, for less than half price on Craigslist. Some shims, a little metalwork and now it's on my Yamaha.

Oh, see what Motorcycleid,com has. New place just saw it today. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
What an exciting motorcycle! Is it the new one that looks like the Africa Twin? The Handa 500 P-twin family is a great crop of motorcycles in general, with t CB500X being possibly the coolest looking one of all.

I tend to shop Cycle Gear, Revzilla, and Wunderlisch for add-ons. I have the dealer install aftermarket stuff. I know, waste of money, yada yada. If you had my mechanical talents you would do the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts