Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
That is one sweet ride, Hog. Understated elegance. Nothing fancy, but makes you want to spend some time admiring it.

My '86 Autocar was kind of like that. 270" WB, 3406 Cat, and a 13 speed. Exterior was like that with a custom built sleeper. Drivers would stop and admire the truck quite a lot. It was nothing fancy, just simple and clean.

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Reactions: blulew

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

I like the cow pusher too.

Reactions: blulew

·
Mod/Motorcyclist/ Trucker/ Deplorable
1,241 Posts
I been hanging out at home working on the Bimmer. Might get some tomorrow will be in a travel plaza more than likely...
I saw nothing but plastic trucks like mine, when it was light, and one that was nice but it was too dark to get a picture.

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Maybe next time BK. (y) (y) (y)

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Maybe next time BK. (y) (y) (y)

EDIT:There's your proof that the editor does not clear out after a post. Post#25 is this same post @mo admin. That was still there after post #25 and full day later. That is more than likely a XenForo problem and nothing to do with the implementation here. But this is the first time I have seen the very thing I posted still there hours or in this case a day later. You'll just have to take my word that I did not type that in. Oh, I suppose it could be a browser XenForo handshake problem too. Hers's a reduced screen view to capture a screenshot of just what I saw when I went to this post.

I have no idea if this will help one darn bit but this is the first one I've been able to capture since this issue was first reported.

·
1,241 Posts
Was in NJ the other day this guy blind side backed around that white car and pulled straight into the dock with no pull ups all in one slow controlled motion. It was awesome to watch, and a very nice truck too.

·
1,241 Posts
My Truck (I bought it from Red Gold) 2014 Cascadia with ISX15 10 speed at 590500 miles now, Red Golds trailer.

Got it cleaned on the way home last night at streakin Beacon in Bentleyville PA, when I got to the DC in Geneva IN, I snapped this PIC this AM

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Two weeks ago the concrete truck arrived. Without getting out to look, the driver made a U turn and backed up my curved uphill drive in one go. That is what experience has to offer. No fancy paint tho. UK

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey Aphro, you should have asked him to do it again! lol. I've done that...blind side into the hole, one pull up to square up, and I'm set. But...no witnesses. And then there are times where I can't even back up straight! Of course that's when every trucker and dock worker is standing around, drinking coffee and watching.

It is nice to watch when everything goes as planned. I once saw a driver back up a set of doubles into the slot. It was amazing!

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Was in NJ the other day this guy blind side backed around that white car and pulled straight into the dock with no pull ups all in one slow controlled motion. It was awesome to watch, and a very nice truck too.

View attachment 61381
When I see someone do that I'm impressed too but then wonder if they might have bluetooth cameras helping. My silly little pickup has this backup camera thing though and I guess since I've backed up cattle trailers for so so long, the darn thing confuses me and I do much worse with it, so I have to just do it my way and be done with it. But if you learn to use those cameras it might work in one shot like you saw but I suspect years of experience is at work there. But for me, those crutch backup cameras suck.

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
777 Posts
I tend to agree, Hog. Too many years using the mirrors. When in doubt, I get out. I've never used one of those backup cameras, so I'm pretty sure I'd make a mess of it. My biggest question is 'depth of field' using them. A camera is only two dimensional, so how do you know when close enough is close enough? Oh, wait. I'm sure there's another beeper/light along with the other 15 flashing lights and beepers in the Cab.

But it's a different world these days. I'd never be able to drive these new trucks with their low RPM, high torque engines, and automatic transmissions. And yet the new drivers are adapting quite well.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,455 Posts
Anyone that can back up a double even in a straight line gets my vote for driver of the week.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Younger driver in a three ton did not do too well backing up the drive. The three ton is not much bigger than a regular long box pickup. UK

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Not surprised UK. Experience simply means you've made many mistakes to get where you are. The young and their video game experience is no match for the real thing.

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
How about some chrome???

21 - 37 of 37 Posts