Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened this morning at Gretna NE (about 20 miles west of Omaha). A witness said the truck whipped out of the convenience store parking lot without slowing right into the path of the motorcycle. Kinda like a deer jumping out of the ditch... sometimes you just can't dodge an idiot.

The rider is in critical condition. He was Life-flighted out.

Article Here

Video Report Here

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is why I quit riding for years, until recently. I was driving my car and saw someone I didn't know get killed right in front of me in a very similar situation. Large car with a drunk driver came barreling out of a convenience store parking lot directly into the motorcycle, who was doing about 50 in a 45 mph zone.

As someone else said - sometimes you just can't dodge an idiot - or a drunk.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
That is so scary and sad! When I see something like this it makes me think about my ride even more. As Dods said, sometimes it is totally our of your hands. I pray he survives and heals fast.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Heard that this morning, I hope he recovers completely and the driver of the truck is never allowed to get behind the wheel again.

·
American Legion Rider
18,952 Posts
I'd more like to know what became of Metaldoc. He's another that just vanished. We seem to be losing a lot on this site since the ownership change.

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
Yeah, he did dissapear suddenly. It's weird how some people just didn't bother to come back after that password/ log in fiasco, it was a pain but you'd think that regulars who spent time here would have worked through it.

I'd more like to know what became of Metaldoc. He's another that just vanished. We seem to be losing a lot on this site since the ownership change.

·
Very Famous Person
9,724 Posts

--

As you may have noticed, a lot of folks come on, get real active, then lose interest. I know I have had times when I was on here for 20 posts per day and other times nothing for a week. Nowadays, I just respond to the ones that spark some topic or question I'm interested in. I don't feel I have to be on all the time just to get my count up. :plain:

--

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Been on more lately because the weather is so crappy I don't want to go out and do anything with the bike. Today is a new low,... for the weather I mean. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts