Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a "refurbished" 168cc fuel injected scooter.It is sold under many names,mine being a 2021 XPRO Saipan GT1.It has a Lifan engine.It ran great for about 30 miles the started misfiring off and on for the next 20 miles until it finally quit.It is supposedly under warranty,but the service department of the seller is being pretty casual about addressing the problem.The trouble light on the scooter seems to indicate either a fuel injector problem or a fuel pressure sensor problem.I have tested the fuel injector and it sprays and is receiving impulses.Indid change the spark plug by the way.I think I have a fuel pressure problem,but have no idea as to how to isolate the cause.If I turn the fuel pump on and off a couple of times the engine will run at idle(roughly though) and will increase in rpm if I move the throttle slowly,but will be misfiring quite badly and then quits.The local shop wants 200 just to look it over.If I can perhaps figure out the cause I can most likely get a part from the seller and install it myself.Any suggestions? Thank you !

1 - 1 of 1 Posts