Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks yall, I'm not that worried about the carburetur, I only moved the screw a little bit and when I realized it wasn't the problem I screwed it back so it's close to the original idle setting at least... would it be worth it to get a tachometer to get it right where it's supposed to be or is idling a little high not that big of a deal? I'm not worried about the battery cause I plan on breaking it in in place for like an hour, the alternator should charge it pretty good in an hour, right? gonna go get rid of this kink and see if the fuel will finally flow :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
actually that part of the line with the clamps was holding a straight plastic connection for these lines, I think replacing this with a right angle hard piece and shortening the top line and inch or 2 will work well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It works, installed a right angle piece, it was actually a T but I melted the end and taped it off for extra security, I'm gonna order a proper elbow soon. Had to jump it because it really needed to crank to get started but I ran it for about an hour breaking the engine in a little under no load, then it kick started right up after that. The fuel filter still never fills up, I wonder if I should prime it a bit so the line isn't so lean. also, the plastic on the muffler melted right off so that answers that, I'm gonna take the muffler off and remove the plastic so I don't have to smell that all the time. Thanks for taking a look at this, it's always good to get a second opinion when you don't know what you are doing :)

Road surface Asphalt Wood Tar Tints and shades
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Hood
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive mirror

·
Registered
16 Posts
I left a comment on your video. If I'm not mistaken, its a gravity feed from the tank to the carb. But the valve under the fuel tank is vacuum operated, by engine vacuum when it runs. So since there was no fuel in the carb from the factory, it was not developing enough engine vacuum by operating the electric starter to get enough fuel to the carb. I'm no expert on these scooters, but I think this is correct info.

·
Registered
696 Posts
You manually fill the carb bowl one time to get bike started then the valve works to continue on. The petcock or other may even have a prime provision that does that for you.

The fuel filter being turned sideways never will fill up completely. Means nothing and engine will run fine like that.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts