Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Yamaha XT225 that I got about a month or so ago. I have been riding it frequently until a week ago. The weather got pretty nasty here so I stopped riding and the bike sat about 5-6 days. A nice day then showed up and I tried starting it and it would turn over but not catch. Well I kept trying to start it because I was frustrated and now the battery is dead. I am recharging that tonight but I still do not know if the bike will start tomorrow either way.

I do not know if it makes a difference but I have had to use full choke to start this bike if it has been sitting for longer than a couple hours whether it is warm outside or not. The previous owner said that he had to use starter fluid in the air intake to start it if left for a couple weeks but afterwards it worked just fine...buyer beware I guess, lol.

Let me know if you have an idea of what it is. I am new to riding and motorcycles so I do not know a lot about bikes or engines really but willing to learn. :-/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add...when it was starting with full choke if I was in neutral to start the bike it would drop RPMs when I put it in 1st after starting. (at least I assume that is what it was doing...The sound of the engine dropped an octave and there is no tachometer to verify RPMs).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts