Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's awesome. It's because Triumph engines come with a slipper clutch and ride by wire which allows different modes, traction control, and engine braking maps which the Moto 2 Honda engine didn't have. The article I read in the UK magazine Performance Bikes also said that probably every Moto 2 track record on the circuit will be broken and expect more riders battling at the front of the pack.

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
I expected that and had commented earlier that they would get closer to the MotoGP times. The 765 is also a more reasonable sized engine for racing. The big bikes have so much power, that getting the computer to control wheel spin is their biggest issue. I think the guy riding for the 46 team won the last Moto2 race.
I own a 900 Triumph triple. Maybe it will go up in value.

UK

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
I'm enjoying my Street Triple R 765.

Cycle world compared it to the larger Kawasaki Z900 and Yamaha FZ-09. The 765 punching above its weight is quicker than both.
I think the ST could nail most of them in the twisty roads. The big bores only do better when extra grunt is needed.
There are a few bikes that are faster than yours and mine, above 150. In reality the only time that would show, is at the track. The weight of the ST is what I find appealing, and it has plenty of power. Speaking of that, I have managed to turn the Trophy all the way to the stopper. Used to often with the SV650, now and then with the XS11, and hardly ever with the SV1000. That is the primary position for the 400.

UK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.