Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must admit I am something of a science, physics and Albert Einstein believer. Now each year for the last 40 or so we have done one long summer trip and in the past our main concern was alway finances and where we could buy liquor but in the last 5 or so it's been increasingly more in terms of weather and the severity of GCC related events. Doing a trip in the midwest we have to plan for tornados and traveling when traveling in the SW fires and extreme dry conditions. Last year we got caught in heavy rains in Az and blistering heat. We did miss out on the fires but in previous years just narrowly escaped floods in Estes Park and Fires in Deadwood SD It's now to the point the plan for the day is to keep in mind good cover spots for when nature decides to punish is for all our wrong doings.
This year I am planning a trip to the west coast and the main concern will be looking at weather trends for that region. I guess will be have to add a death and destruction app to our Nav system. It's always something :sad:

·
Very Famous Person
10,009 Posts
--

My next trip is from Colorado to VA to ME to WI to CO to CA to WA and back in two legs. Based on your seemingly innate ability to bond with disaster, it may behoove me to know what dates you will be in certain parts of the country. This to assure me journey paradise. :smile_big:

--

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
It is raining, but supposed to be nice tomorrow, followed by more rain, with a few nice days, and slowly getting warmer. It gets hot in the Okanagan Valley, cold again as you go over the mountains. It can be warm on the big island, as long as you stay South of Campbell River. The Left Coast of Vancouver Island, never gets hot, and is often foggy.

To get to Campbell River, Tofino or Ucluelet, you need to go through Nanaimo. I am just across the puddle from Nanaimo.

UK

·
Visionary
5,407 Posts
The weather sure has been flaky recently, snow in 1/4 of the country, rain here, in fact I broke my 2 week streak and took the cage to work today, all night we had thunderstorms, complete with hail and tornado warnings that were just a bit much for me at 4:30 AM. It was supposed to end by 04:00 but was still going strong at 04:30 so i wimped out, especially because I going the same way the storm is so I'd never punch through it.

Oh well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This has been predicted since the 1970's yet very few people even understand how the tip over works. Most trumpters don't believe in science and still believe the world is flat. We will not see the results but our grandchildren will.

We need an army of AOC politicians right now.

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
The weather sure has been flaky recently, snow in 1/4 of the country, rain here, in fact I broke my 2 week streak and took the cage to work today, all night we had thunderstorms, complete with hail and tornado warnings that were just a bit much for me at 4:30 AM. It was supposed to end by 04:00 but was still going strong at 04:30 so i wimped out, especially because I going the same way the storm is so I'd never punch through it.

Oh well.
I always liked to see which riders were true riders when it came to rainy days. Almost always I would be the only fool that rode.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,658 Posts
I think there is more headed your way Mike. We are in the trailing end of it now.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,305 Posts
"We need an army of AOC politicians right now." quote:surprise:

We will send them to Canada eh, I'm sure she would fit right in:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
Very Famous Person
10,009 Posts
This has been predicted since the 1970's yet very few people even understand how the tip over works. Most trumpters don't believe in science and still believe the world is flat. We will not see the results but our grandchildren will.

We need an army of AOC politicians right now.
Tell that to you grandchildren and great grandchildren, they are ones who will bare the brunt of GCC. I guess some people just don't care about their kindred.
--

You are so full of baloney. How do you manage to get through each day? :sad:

--

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
"We need an army of AOC politicians right now." quote:surprise:

We will send them to Canada eh, I'm sure she would fit right in:grin:

Sam:nerd:
A very real problem, can be who is the most scary, the loonie left, or the religious right. Both have shown some scary actions.

I predict that the party that does not address environmental issues, will slowly lose votes. At the moment, many will put jobs above the environment.

NZ and several other countries are surviving quite well while also addressing environment concerns.

We already have many extreme loonie left up here, and do not need any more. We do have room for clear thinking US folks like my neighbours four doors up the road. They have just returned from Mexico.

The folks that claim humans have no affect on the environment, have got to be delusional. Lock yourself in a shed with a car engine running, or lock yourself in a shed with a horse. Simple experiment for most.

AOC does need to learn a lot more about manufacturing, and many of us as well.

UK

·
Very Famous Person
10,009 Posts
--

UK,

I always keep in mind the degree of change one, or certain things, make. That's the key. It's like comparing the change humans make compared to what nature, or natural processes, do on their own. Too often humans like to think they are over-important in the grand scheme.

--

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I have found that when I run into less than favorable weather, I can hunker down and let it pass, or move out of its way. I suspect if I were headed to Utah (for example) but for some reason Utah had a flood (for example) I could go to Idaho, Colorado, New Mexico or somewhere else that has something I haven't seen yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts