Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys,

I know motorcyclists who have traveled hundreds of thousands of miles on wheels. And some might travel a million miles in their life. If you ask them, most of them will say they had some of their best moments in life while traveling :).

So do you guys keep track of your travels with some kind of Tracking Device or Mobile App?
What apps are you guys using?

What I use:
I am a Motorcycle Traveler and a Software Engineer. I make Websites and Mobile apps for a living. I and my friend created a travel journal app called Traverous to keep track of our Routes, Photos and Videos. At the end of the trip, it creates Bird's-eye view videos of the journey that you can download and Whatsapp to your loved ones and community. Or upload on YouTube/Facebook.

Liza Miller (of Motorcycles and Misfits podcast) gave it a try.
Voltz from Malaysia, is a Lone Rider B-).
My visit (Lahore) to a Travelers Meetup.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,808 Posts
Very nice.

Reactions: emadehsan

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
I have been trying to get a decent video of a trip around my Island. Today the camera did not turn on, and there was too much traffic anyway. Other problems were vibration and reflections. I think I have those fixed. I may have to read the manual.
I will look at your video later.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
Is this like a 30 day free trial and then a monthly or a one time purchase with this pricing at the very end?

Maybe a better question is, what is a premium account and what do the two different prices mean.

Reactions: emadehsan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Traverous account types

Is this like a 30 day free trial and then a monthly or a one time purchase with this pricing at the very end?

Maybe a better question is, what is a premium account and what do the two different prices mean.

Thank you for your interest :smile: . Traverous has two types of accounts.

Free
You can do everything in free account. But it has few limitation. E.g, you can embed upto 5 camera captured video clips with free account. There is no limit on how many photos you can embed while traveling, but at a single place (within 10-20 meters) you can only embed 3 photos.

The video links I posted above are made by travelers who were using the free account. You are good to go even with the free account.

Premium
If you buy premium account, those limits will be uplifted. You can also write captions over your photos.
$4.99 is per month Premium account fee
$54.99 is Premium fee if you buy it for the whole year

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
All my memories are in my head. The wife can't ride long distance anymore because of back problems, so mostly I travel alone.

I try to remember to take a lot of pictures, even bought a camera just to keep from cluttering up my cell phone, but I don't always remember to take a photo.

So many of the places I've been and so much of what I've seen is just in my head. There's not many of the 48 continental states I haven't been to at one time or another.

I was just thinking about traveling across New York a few years ago. A two lane highway with a river running beside it so clear you could see all rocks in the river bed. But I don't have a picture.

New York is a beautiful state, don't know why anyone would want to go to that city. But different strokes for different folks, I guess. This is a beautiful country. :)

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
I forget to take pictures as well. All of it stored in my pea brain never to see the light again.:smile:

·
On The Road Again!
3,269 Posts

So do you guys keep track of your travels with some kind of Tracking Device or Mobile App?
What apps are you guys using?

Apps? APPS??? Ha ha ha!
I've been riding for 51 years. When I started riding, there were no "Apps".
There were no computers.
There were no cell phones!!
You took a camera with a roll of "film" and hit the road!
You weren't "tracked". No one knew where you were but you!
I'm still riding, and I still don't have a cell phone or any "apps".
I take pictures, and remember the trip in my head as best I can.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I need an app to remind me to take pictures, except I'd probably forget and leave it at home.

Maybe its that old dog and new tricks thing, if I can find an app, I'll check. :)

(That is, if I find the time to give a d---.)

·
7,462 Posts
As long as I've got gas in my tank, food in my 'TANK,' water in the bags, gas money and the Sun still rises in the East and sets in the west, I don't need no stinking Matches---I mean app's:smile_big:

Sam:nerd:

·
7,462 Posts
As long as I've got gas in my tank, food in my 'TANK,' water in the bags, gas money and the Sun still rises in the East and sets in the west, I don't need no stinking Matches---I mean app's:smile_big:

I traveled to work on the Indian, then to meet the Family for lunch and then the long way home for a total of 50 miles or so in 87 degree, beautiful weather. Now I am sitting in front of my Dell all in one Computer, relaxing in my recliner and eating a couple of organic Watermelon Popsicle's probably followed by a soothing nap:kiss:

·
On The Road Again!
3,269 Posts
I traveled to work on the Indian, then to meet the Family for lunch and then the long way home for a total of 50 miles or so in 87 degree, beautiful weather. Now I am sitting in front of my Dell all in one Computer, relaxing in my recliner and eating a couple of organic Watermelon Popsicle's probably followed by a soothing nap:kiss:
...And you did it all without any "apps".
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :coffeescreen:

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
A week or so back I got on the bike and about two or three miles from home, I realized I had forgot my cell phone. For a few seconds I thought I was going to have a panic attack!

I was thinking I need to find a place to turn around, go back home and get my phone. Then I started thinking I'm only going to be out for a couple hours, what do I need a phone for?

What if I have a break down? Well, I've had'em before, hasn't killed me yet. I didn't go back and get my phone. I just enjoyed the ride. Got home, check the phone, no missed calls, no texts.

Remember years ago when there was talk of everyone getting some kind of implant? Didn't go over to well, so instead we all carry a phone that can be tracked.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts