Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a very cool cafe'd Ducati today. The rider got it from Moto Motivo owner Johann Keyser in Raleigh. Johann transformed a 1998 Ducati ST2 fully faired touring bike into this stripped down cafe racer. I think it's an eye catcher that would be fun to ride even if it doesn't look very comfortable. What do you think?

For a glimps into Moto Motivo, here's a video from Greg's Garage.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Yeah it looks like it would be fun to ride! (I couldn't ride it very long before I started to hurt, but whatever.) It definitely looks interesting to me from a mechanical viewpoint.

I think it might be even more fun if it didn't say "Ducati" on the tank. I'd guess a lot of people, other then Ducati fans, that saw it wouldn't have a clue what it was made out of if it didn't, and they'd be guessing. I know I would. :biggrin:

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it looks like it would be fun to ride! (I couldn't ride it very long before I started to hurt, but whatever.) It definitely looks interesting to me from a mechanical viewpoint.

I think it might be even more fun if it didn't say "Ducati" on the tank. I'd guess a lot of people, other then Ducati fans, that saw it wouldn't have a clue what it was made out of if it didn't, and they'd be guessing. I know I would. :biggrin:
The "L" twin, desmodromic heads and open dry clutch are dead give aways even if the Monster headlight/mini-fairing, 999 racebike tank and trellis frame went unnoticed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts