Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - its been a while since I have posted but have been riding plenty. My first bike (after a long hiatus) was a sweet little Suzuki Tu250:

https://www.motorcycleforum.com/129...lled-trigger-suzuki-tu250x-my-first-bike.html

After almost 2 years I felt like I wanted ....more. No complaints at all about that little sweetheart, in fact its a blast to ride. Many times I found myself wishing I had a little more 'ooomph'. Just seemed like a good time to step into something bigger and a trip to Bike week in Daytona with some test rides gave me Cruiser fever. :smile: I really like the Indians, but finding them used has been difficult and with the nearest dealer pretty far from me I decided against it. So after some searching around I found a 2015 Triumph Speedmaster, went to check it out and it was love at first sight:

The forward controls took some getting used to but its been a pretty painless transition. So far I love everything about it; the feel, the ride, the sound. I am looking into getting some storage installed and the Triumph dealer wants an arm and a leg for that so am looking elsewhere. If anyone has recommendations for a good fit/look for this bike please let me know. At first I thought about Viking bags but there seem to be a lot of negative feedback so am not sure. Been searching around for Triumph specific forums but all I found so far is Triumphrat.net which seems to be painfully slow and the pop ups are unbearable.

And I finally got my Triumph! woohoo!

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,453 Posts
Hey all - its been a while since I have posted but have been riding plenty. My first bike (after a long hiatus) was a sweet little Suzuki Tu250:

https://www.motorcycleforum.com/129...lled-trigger-suzuki-tu250x-my-first-bike.html

After almost 2 years I felt like I wanted ....more. No complaints at all about that little sweetheart, in fact its a blast to ride. Many times I found myself wishing I had a little more 'ooomph'. Just seemed like a good time to step into something bigger and a trip to Bike week in Daytona with some test rides gave me Cruiser fever. I really like the Indians, but finding them used has been difficult and with the nearest dealer pretty far from me I decided against it. So after some searching around I found a 2015 Triumph Speedmaster, went to check it out and it was love at first sight:

The forward controls took some getting used to but its been a pretty painless transition. So far I love everything about it; the feel, the ride, the sound. I am looking into getting some storage installed and the Triumph dealer wants an arm and a leg for that so am looking elsewhere. If anyone has recommendations for a good fit/look for this bike please let me know. At first I thought about Viking bags but there seem to be a lot of negative feedback so am not sure. Been searching around for Triumph specific forums but all I found so far is Triumphrat.net which seems to be painfully slow and the pop ups are unbearable.

And I finally got my Triumph! woohoo!
Great bike, congrats. You can access Triumphrat through the TapTalk app on a mobile device.and that takes care of the pop-ups. That's been an issue on a number of forums I participate in recently. I also downloaded Firefox Focus, which is a mobile browser that blocks all that ****.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Congratulations on your new toy! It's a beautiful bike.

Sam:nerd:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
Nice looking bike

·
Visionary
5,245 Posts
Nice upgrade!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts