Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking maybe hogcowboy or critter would find this one interesting.
Nobody really knows, a lot of them had no markings. But there was a company way back when, the 70s, that made custom fiberglass gas tanks and one piece bodies for choppers, cafes and racers.
They were called Tracy’s.
Honda would rip them off with their Nighthawks in the 90s
Check out this Tracy CB750

·
American Legion Rider
26,039 Posts
Yep, my general area when I was out there...

·
Ace Tuner
3,557 Posts
I believe I remember them making a cafe racer kit for RD350's back in the day.
Didn't they make fairings/windscreens too?

S F

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Motogrady Is that your CB750?
Ya. I have 2 of them. That’s my 79 super sport. 34k on the clock. That pic is last year, dead of winter, with the garage door open.
Both of us waiting on Spring.
My other one is an 82, a k model. 8k on the clock. Just found that one last summer. Both original paint.
I’m looking now for a C model, same era, 79 to 83. An open paint survivor if I can.
That will give me all 3 models from that series.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,544 Posts
I don't remember them I was out of the country during that time period. I was in Europe in the early 70's

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't remember them I was out of the country during that time period. I was in Europe in the early 70's
They were kind of like the Big Daddy Roth guy. He made some really crazy, or really cool. however u looked at them, hot rods back then.

All fiberglass bodies. They were sold as kits. The coolest Tracy’s, IMO, were the early models. They looked sleek, slim. Big drawback was they only held 2 gallons of fuel. Kinda like a peanut sportster tank. You were always running out of fuel. They changed up after awhile, made them at least 3.5 gallons. And kinda made them look fat, IMO.

The blue one up there, check out the rear shot. That has to be an early one, I mean look how slim that thing is.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,544 Posts
Is that a Roth? I don't recognize it.

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here you go Roger.
Never thought about it, but daym if there isn’t a bit of a Tracy styling in my 79.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts