Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a the 3 week bike tour booked with a company that is listed in the latest Lonely Planet guide. My daughter did a tour 18 months ago with them and said that they were great. They have requested that I send them a scanned colour copy of my passport, visa and licence so that they can arrange for a riders permit.

I am concerned about identity theft and do not understand why they need to be in colour. I am not concerned with the company but more where the scanned copies end up once they leave the company.

Any advice would be helpful
Dane

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vietnam Tour

They have been listed as one iof three bike tour companies in the latest lonely planet guide.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was touring Laos, Cambodia, Thailand.. never had problems of identity theft, neither the other fellows living there as expats... ride safe, roads can be full of "things"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Motorbike tour in Vietnam is a special tour and you could reach to the most beautifiul places in the north where if you do by car, you can not.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I can't offer much advice. The last time I was in Vietnam was a long time ago, and the only thing I provided to the government of North Vietnam was some small pieces of lead at high speed. I hope your trip is a good one; I would not go back there even if they paid me to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
welcome to Vietnam

The north of Vietnam is one of the best places to ride and enjoy the majestic culture and nice landscape.

If you could do a trip in Vietnam, do not hesitate to ask me and i will help you all.

Have a nice day!

I can't offer much advice. The last time I was in Vietnam was a long time ago, and the only thing I provided to the government of North Vietnam was some small pieces of lead at high speed. I hope your trip is a good one; I would not go back there even if they paid me to go.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I just noticed that this thread is still alive and thought I would add one more comment. Reading an article about tourism, it stated that the most common cause of death for U.S. citizens traveling overseas was not terrorism, disease or other strange maladies but was motor vehicle accidents. The article went on to list Vietnam as one of the places with the highest number of such deaths. Just be forewarned.

I friend of mine and a fellow veteran of the Vietnam war returned there last year with his wife on a bicycle tour trip. While he enjoyed the return to where he had served, he told me that they had many close calls with Vietnamese drivers, especially of trucks on narrow roads.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Vietnam nowaday

Hello,

Yes, that is quite "crazy" to ride in the big city such as Hanoi or Hochiminh city, but in provinces and moutain areas, there are nt many traffics. Mostly in the northwest or northeast ( best places to ride motorbike), sometime, you are the King of road!

If anyone would like to get some more inforamtions, please ask me.

Have a nice day!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where is - what you can eat " Tet " - festival of Lunar New Year in Vietnam 2014?

The ideal places to eat ' Tet " - feast of the New Year in Vietnam!
On different forums tourism, I think people do not have many choices to celebrate with the Vietnamese during their visit to Vietnam on the occasion of Lunar New Year 2014. But hey, we always solution and I think the cited sites - below are “answers” questions from foreign tourists during Tet in Vietnam
- Village of Poomcoong - Maichau : located approximately 150 km from Hanoi , this beautiful village remains an interesting destination. One or two nights in white Thais you will discover the daily and the culture of Thai life. In addition, with a small trek to the village of Dao, you actually a beautiful unforgettable adventure.
- Village of Vulinh : 180 km from Hanoi , located by lake Thac Ba in the province of Yen Bai, this village has very special charms for visitors celebrate Dao Quan Trang with the stilt houses would best experiences of your stay.
- Village of Pac Ngoi : locates in the middle of pars National Babe - the most beautiful lake in northern Vietnam , Pac Ngoi consists of beautiful houses of Tay group . From here you can have a good cruise to explore the lake or take a walk to the village of Ban Vang to admire the beautiful falls " Thac Bac ," the most beautiful in the region.
- Village Quang Hoa - Cao Bang province : If you have 4-5 days, go to the village of Quang Hoa , it would be a pretty good choice . You will have the opportunity to discover this beautiful region with sites such as Ban Gioc Waterfalls , Forging village Phuc Sen, ethnic market,Trung Khanh , cave Nguom Ngao...
Well, here are some destinations to choose for foreign visitors who want to discover a special atmosphere of Tet in Vietnam. There are plenty of other places to do according to your desires and tastes!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wish i could go i spent three weeks there in 2003 and it was one of the best riding and in these days rainy season has been starting and i enjoyed a lot I have ever done It would be amazing to have someone who actually knows the place show me around...

·
Registered
18 Posts
adventure riding in Vietnam

Hi all,

You have always 2 options: the good roads and the small & country roads, mostly riding the mountain areas!!!

This is a pictutre that shows an adventure in the north of Vietnam.

Enjoy your riding,

Riderman74

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts