Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Venture Royale has a set of 2 5 pin plugs for mics on the radio-tape amp, that I believe are for 2 headsets for the rider and the pilot.

I don't have and can't find for sale, any of the mics so I am trying to build my own. I have an old Radioshack mic off a CB with the right plug, and I have gotten some data from the online venturers club about the pinouts on the headset wirings.

I just wondered if there are any ideas how those headset phone mics work, and if they are specially wired into the handsfree phone or if they can be wired with a push to talk button?
ie. can the plug in mics on computer headsets (always on) be wired for a push to talk system?

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Although you might be successful, but there are headsets. In case you might want to use it as an intercom or CB as well. I think the mic is detachable here as well. Not positive though.

Amazon for one.

Or Mortorcycle Superstore for just about any kind of lower cord for your headset.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Here's another on Amazon:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Chatterbox-CBDNRFHSB-Dynamic-Reducing-Touring/dp/B001CHNOCQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1443576940&sr=1-6&keywords=5-pin+intercom+system[/ame]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts