Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
Is there a good way to make my gloves touchscreen compatible?
Here is a link detailing the different ways it can be done. But the key to your question is a good way. And I say no. The only way that comes close to good is the buy a second pair that are made to be touch screen compatible.

But even at that, it will depend on your phone. The newer iPhones that require your finger print won't work at all even though the phone is touch screen. So get used to removing your glove and just forget about touch screen gloves is my recommendation.

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
Fingerless gloves?
That works in some conditions but just how good are fingerless "winter gloves"? I tried fingerless gloves once and felt the amount of trouble it took to get them off wasn't much of a benefit all considered. They seem to be just part of the costume for that cool guy look. Even better if they have HD embossed for that really cool guy look.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have purchased many supposed touchscreen gloves, as I like to ride in the mountains and like to do things like use my phone for navigation, as well as to turn on and off the GoPro if I have it mounted. I have found that no glove that claims to be truly touchscreen works that well. My solution: Buy a second pair of cheap gloves and cut out the tip of the index finger. I still have 95% of my gloves for protection, and I don't have to stop do something with my navigation app.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I suppose the fingerless glove thing was a bit of "looks at me" and my stupid gloves but I started wearing them in hot summer weather and figured they'd be better than nothing. Then they became a habit. But a nice benefit is the odd sun tanned look of your hands after a long trip. :)

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
I have purchased many supposed touchscreen gloves, as I like to ride in the mountains and like to do things like use my phone for navigation, as well as to turn on and off the GoPro if I have it mounted. I have found that no glove that claims to be truly touchscreen works that well. My solution: Buy a second pair of cheap gloves and cut out the tip of the index finger. I still have 95% of my gloves for protection, and I don't have to stop do something with my navigation app.
Or do as Unkle Krusty suggests and get sailing gloves with index and thumb ends factory removed. The rest remain full fingered.

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki Intruder 1400
322 Posts
I went a different route - I bought a pack of inexpensive phone styli (styluses?) that had the tether strings with them (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CYGL7PY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and a small pack of neodymium round magnets.

The tether is in case I drop it (just tied it to my phone mount/handlebar), and I glued a couple of magnets to the stylus to stick to my bar risers. Only been on one ride so far, but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere. I did it so I could poke G-Maps or switch music (bluetooth speakers in the helmet) w/o taking my gloves off at a stop light/sign/parking lot.

If I was smart, I would have paid attention to the polarity of the button magnets on the stylus as compared to the ones on my tank bag so I could stick them to that, but I didn't so it doesn't...dangit. Might try again later, but it tucks in between the bar risers and my speedo (all behind my windscreen) pretty nicely.

All of that is moot if you don't have any steel up top though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts