Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From SW Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and everywhere westerly we have been getting hammered!!!! A huge squall line just passed us with more to come and it's rapidly blowing east!!! Lots of lightning strikes, thunder and hail with 60 to 70 mph straight line winds!

As soon as this fiasco passes later this evening, the temps will rapidly fall to the lower 30's ushering in ice storms and up to 7 inches of snow--or so they say!

Yesterday at the Farm Expo in Enid, OK, about 260 miles due west, it was 70 degrees all day and now I understand they are in the 30's.

Weird weather in having Tornado's in January or in having 65 degree days for the last week:)

No riding for me I guess. Be safe out there my Friend's.

Sam

·
On The Road Again!
4,192 Posts
Here in Jersey, we are supposed to have above normal temps for the next two days, with a bunch
of heavy rain. It's probably the remains of what you got.

Reactions: Porky

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
Temps just before that blew up was 70º yesterday. Once it started the temps started dropping. This morning the snow line is just a short 30 miles to our west and weather looking like this...

·
Zip
2,513 Posts
Yep, it looks like this is going to be an equal opportunity weather event. I thought I'd try to get a ride in this afternoon while the temperature is in the 60's, but with 30 mph wind gusting to 50 mph I will probably leave the bike parked.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
We're about to get hit with that same line in about 8 hours. It's not supposed to cool off here afterwards, but to continue to rain for a week.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is snowing 'ICE CRYSTALS' here! I could make a delicious 'Snow Cone' if I had the desire to FREEZE outside collecting the stuff. However, I do have a fresh bottle of organic Lemonade in the fridge:)

I was scared POOP less yesterday afternoon since my Son and my Wife were doing 'Signal testing' about 70 miles South of Carthage, near Roaring River State park, just south of the city limits of Cassville, MO and directly in the 'Eye of the storm,' as it blew perpendicular to their route North coming home!!! It was an intense time as we exchanged cell calls updating each other, since both locations were under 'imminent tornado warnings!' They never saw anything more than torrential rain and Flash flooding and numerous lightning strikes everywhere they looked! They made it home fine and his F150 looks like it went through a professional Car wash many times and was spottless:)

Tornado's were all along the North-south running squall line and doing substantial damage to property but as far as I've heard no one in the area was killed--Thank GOD.

Some of you have probably never seen the aftermath of Tornado damage in person: It ain't pretty:(

My Prayer's to all affected Folks!

Sam

Reactions: bpe

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
Been in basements waiting 2 out and slept thru 1 with the room and ceiling completely gone in my bedroom where I was sleeping. What's to fear??? :D :D :D

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OMG Larry !!!!!!! Glad you are still around:)

Sam

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
Damn! Glad your all ok.
That storms headed here next, but today was cloudy, 65 degrees and calm, a good riding day in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Lots of rain, wind, thunder and lightening yesterday evening and last night. 30F when I got up, 27F about 10:00 AM and sleet and snow.
Shouldn't have got out of bed today.

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
OMG Larry !!!!!!! Glad you are still around:)

Sam
Damn! Glad your all ok.
That storms headed here next, but today was cloudy, 65 degrees and calm, a good riding day in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally slept right thru the whole thing. I've always said and believe, when it's your time it's your time. When I've completed my task here then and only then do I get my ticket punched. Don't sweat the little stuff here. It ain't worth it. There are much better things in the wings.:D :D :D

I have no idea why I never woke. Tornadoes are weird things. Everything in my bedroom was just fine. There was just this strange strobing or flashing red light that I couldn't figure out at first. Then I realized it was a firetruck out front. This was back in the very late 50's or early 60's. I think it was 63 but heck, I've slept since then. It was in the papers of KCMO.

That year we had so many false alarms that everyone stopped paying attention to the sirens. I don't think I was lucky but more unlucky because I didn't get to go. Although I wouldn't have met all the people I have since so there is that. But to this day I don't worry about tornadoes like most do. I just go to bed as normal and wait to see what happens. When it's time, it's time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts