Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 kawasaki vulcan and it has fuel just pouring out intake on one of carbs I took the side off and the air cut off valve has a pin hole could this be my problem?

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
My guess is that the float is stuck. Try rapping on the side of the carb bowl with a plastic screwdriver handle and see if the leak stops. (Not so hard as to break anything of course)

If that doesn't free things up, you may need to have the carb disassembled and cleaned.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
HINT -

follow the drip evidence, like a detective would.
as you pass a hose, remember the trail, up over the thingy,
down into the dark abyss... when you find where it stops, thats where its leaking.

UNHINT-
Give the machine a complete makeover. pull the forks, replace the oils, check everything,(block and blueprint that engine)
bore and stroke it, add some real accessories, and tweak the paintjob. a new seat would be not as wet on the rear, and when a machine starts failing, it usually continues failing until the rider gets hurt someway and just forgets it.
Understand. these toys are called million dollar babies because of what it costs to keep them in running order.(i think...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts