Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether or not you are still working, try to get out on your motorcycle tomorrow to show our numbers on Ride to Work Day. This is good way to raise awareness of car and truck drivers to the presence of motorcycles.

Reactions: Porky

·
Visionary
5,266 Posts
No problem, I got this.. almost every day :)

Whether or not you are still working, try to get out on your motorcycle tomorrow to show our numbers on Ride to Work Day. This is good way to raise awareness of car and truck drivers to the presence of motorcycles.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Tuesday is Porky's Birthday also, so ponder that as you ride your bike to work on Monday:grin:

Sam:angel:

·
Nightfly
4,601 Posts
And just how will riding a bike to work Monday result in anyone becoming more aware of a bike/motorcycle on the highway? You can't educate people by having them see a couple more 2 wheel units on the road. This is nothing more than feel goodism. Something we've become very adept at. Heck, why not pin a chartreuse ribbon on our shirt or jacket?

Maybe we should have a new law passed, "don't hit 2 wheel riders," that should stop it. As it has texting and drunk driving.

Happy birthday Sam....

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
I agree with you TR. At least the month of May being motorcycle awareness month, there was some broadcasting of awareness suggested. I've not seen one thing about Ride To Work except right here. If you want to make people aware of motorcycles, make it a requirement to ride one before they get a car license. Early education about them would make a person more aware of them for the rest of their life. Maybe ??? But not if people have their head buried in their cell phone.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Well being that it's a Monday although been Retired 15 Years will be Riding with my Monday Morning Breakfast which most all are retired as well .. Will let people just think the economy has to be bad when a bunch of old farts need to Ride to Work .. :)

Attachments

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Tuesday is Porky's Birthday also, so ponder that as you ride your bike to work on Monday:grin:

Happy Birthday as I leave to Ride Shortly , Tomorrow is forecast for Severe Thunderstorms so will think of you on this as put a couple hundred miles in ..

·
Visionary
5,266 Posts
I sung happy birthday Porky at 80 mph on Rt 78 this morning. There you go.

·
Visionary
5,266 Posts
Mission accomplished
( not that I did anything special that I don’t do every day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Happy 'B day, Sam! The 76 piece marching band should be at your place sometime this afternoon to bring in the new year for ya.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just seeing a large number of bikes on the road today, if that happens, can't help but make car drivers just a little bit more aware of our sharing the road with them. It won't magically do anything more that that. I agree that this concept of having a "Ride to Work" day has received very little publicity, which is why I too the minimum effort of posting this on all of the motorcycle related forums that I participate in, as well as on Facebook (the only "social media" that I use at all). In the past I have not noticed more bikes than normal on the road on "Ride to Work" day but it cost nothing and hurts nothing to urge others to get out and ride around to show that we as riders exist.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Happy Birthday Porky!!! :D Hopefully it's one of your best!

I saw a surprising amount of bikes on the work commute this morning despite the weather. It put a big smile on my face. :)

Reactions: mike721

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
I rode up Island to get some gas. Will that do? And yesterday rode up Island for a beer and some groceries, with Shirley on the back. Might even ride tomorrow.

UK

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Pictures as Promised ... While the Sky Looks Nice and Blue at 9 AM by the time did the 70 Mile Ride Home around 10-10:30 was wondering if would beat the Rain , but just made it ..

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
Certainly glad y'all were able to ride. I was too busy pretending to be a cowboy. Unfortunately not on horseback either. All on the ground with ATV or my own legs.

·
Visionary
5,266 Posts
If that was your work for the day then you did it on 2 wheels. Your good to go...

I rode up Island to get some gas. Will that do? And yesterday rode up Island for a beer and some groceries, with Shirley on the back. Might even ride tomorrow.

UK

·
Visionary
5,266 Posts
My wife was funny, she's a teacher so she's on summer vacation but she rode her Scout to both of her school buildings, took and posted a picture on facebook just to support Ride to work day.
:)

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
Was she rubbing it in a bit Mike as you had to work all day before getting to ride again?

Reactions: mike721

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was unaware and a twist for the first time since last fall I took the day off from work and went for a long ride not to work :smile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts