Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
Grease

Just did that on my 79 XS11 Yami.
The inner part of the wheel bearing is stationary on the axle while the outer part turns on it. No grease helps.
The bottom of the fork clamps to the axle. No grease helps.
The axle has to push thru a lower fork, a bearing, possibly a spacer, a bearing and another fork. A bit of grease helps.

I have no idea what the manual says. It is useless for a lot of things. Such as: removing fork seals and adjusting the steering head bearings.

Unkle Crusty

·
What?
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just able to get it on. Was tricky though. Took me a few times to realize that I had to leave my punch in the hole in the axle so it wouldn't pull through. Then a few times to realize I had to leave it there while I clamped the axle down.

Wish kinda I would put some anti seize on it though. Eh, I'll do it next time.

·
What?
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, I was in a hurry and forgot to pop the lid on my brake reservoir. Compressed the calipers a bit and now I can't get pressure. Went to bleed the brakes and stripped one of the screws on the lid. Thinking I may just pull the one off of my Ninja and swap it out. But that would be one more thing keeping me from getting it running. On the other hand, I really hate drilling out screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts