Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bike to get into riding. As of now, I'm kind of looking at any option, chopper, sport, etc., pretty much anything I can get my hands on for relatively cheap without any massive issues. I will only be riding short distance, to school and home, my job, sports practice, mostly around my town. I have found a supermoto/dual sport (not really sure the difference), a 2003 Yamaha ttr250 with a parts bike along with it. It has a dual sport kit in it, and was registered in Vermont and has a Vermont plate. Couple issues, first, if it was registered in VT, I'm in NY, would it still be street legal here? Beyond this, and something I assume would make this whole thing trickier, I'm not sure he has the title. On the ad, he says "bill of sales for both bikes", which would lead me to believe he has no title. I know I can register any bike in VT, but can I register this as street legal and transfer it to NY? Not sure if I need to call the DMV, worried about the legalities. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
915 Posts
Without a title there is no proof that the seller is the owner. I would never consider anyhtng without a tile, no exceptions. There's just too many good bikes with clear title available. Keep looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.