Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
You got another nasty road, trip in the planning stages again Rollin?

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
My Michelin Commander II's 5,000+ Miles Ago for the Indian Scout and Still Look Near New ..

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Those tires seem awfully Knobby for road riding. Sure it wouldn't be better on a dirt bike?

-Soupy

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
I'm thinking of trying eastern Canada. Trans Labrador Highway?

Next summer I take it. Already getting to cold up there for this year I'd think. So you are going to push it until you have a major breakdown are ya.:D Let's hope not but it does seem like you are pushing it a little. Polaris should be sponsoring you for sure!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next summer I take it. Already getting to cold up there for this year I'd think. So you are going to push it until you have a major breakdown are ya.:D Let's hope not but it does seem like you are pushing it a little. Polaris should be sponsoring you for sure!:thumbsup:
Yes, this will be next year.
I'm also thinking about this road- "This is the farthest you can get from a town on a road in North America" - http://www.jamesbayroad.com/ttr/index.html

I was going to trade the Vision but decided to keep it for one more dirty ride.

I think I will be nicer to my next bike. :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those tires seem awfully Knobby for road riding. Sure it wouldn't be better on a dirt bike?

-Soupy
It would be smarter to use a different bike but I've been trying to be the first to go places that no Victory has gone before.

The Shinko has worked well on the highway but it is LOUD!

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Yes, this will be next year.
I'm also thinking about this road- "This is the farthest you can get from a town on a road in North America" - http://www.jamesbayroad.com/ttr/index.html

I was going to trade the Vision but decided to keep it for one more dirty ride.

I think I will be nicer to my next bike. :)
Will your saddlebags be carrying extra fuel and if so how much? Sounds like that road might call for it.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Believe it or not Dods, I have lived in areas of Northern Maine that had roads like that; and based on the road dirt on the bike in that picture, I would AGREE that a more knobby tire would be appropriate. Certainly a rougher ride, than a street tire!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will your saddlebags be carrying extra fuel and if so how much? Sounds like that road might call for it.
Wow, this road is remote!

I don't think I could carry enough gasoline on the Vision to make it to the end and back.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
That's why I was asking if the bags would be carrying extra(a lot) of fuel.:D

I thought that maybe you had found a bladder that would work inside the bags that could potentially carry an extra 5 gallons each.

I know when I first started traveling, extra clothes was a lost concept. I'd just shower in what I had an hit the road again when I got ripe.:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts