Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a new bike or classic if you will. it is a 1978 Yama hopper xs1100- I call it a Yama hopper because the rear air shocks are stuck so it kind of hops over bumps. anyways I need to put some new tires on there, seeing as the bike is a little bit of a heavyweight I need a high weight rating-- what to get? I like shinko 230's what do you think?

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

You can get 20 opinions of what tire is best. I, personally, use a car tire, but if you want a motorcycle tire, Google "motorcycle tires" and you will have a list of many company's websites. Then plug in your tire size for cruisers and see what they have. Then read the comments and ratings from past buyers and you can make a decision from there.

Another option is to just go to a m.c. dealer and ask them what they have. Maybe you can get a slightly used one cheap. You might be ruining a new one until you get that shock fixed.

It may cost you more to purchase a new one from a dealer, but you need to start a relationship with a dealer anyway for parts you need in a hurry or repairs you can't do yourself. I have a relationship on tire removal and install such that I can pop in at any time and within ten minutes, I'm out the door with the job complete.

--

1 - 2 of 2 Posts