Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,648 Posts
I had them on my VStar 650, put 3k on them before I traded the bike. They didn't show any wear

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Well I haven't put the first mile on my new tires yet. Partly because of the weather and partly because my eyesight is so poor right now. I've pretty much decided not to risk riding until they fix my eyes.
Last month I got an appointment with the eye doc. Soonest I could get in, is the 6th, of February. I hope they fix it that day.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Cataracts in left eye, plastic in right eye. The pocket, or envelope, the plastic lens was inserted into has collapsed, blurring the heck out of my eyesight.
I guess it's not that uncommon and a few seconds under a laser takes care of that problem. I have gone riding a couple times like this but I just don't feel safe doing it. Even out here on the local road with hardly any traffic on it.
And after smacking something with my left toe, in a curve, and I never saw what it was. It was time to stop. And I had forgot my boots have steel toes or that might have hurt.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,648 Posts
I had the cataract surgery in both eyes and the repair in my right eye 10 years later. You are back on the road in no time with either.

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
Well, I totally understand your concern as well as any surgeon worth his salt. With one already gone that is. There is always the chance of something going wrong. That's why they never do both at the same time, or at least one of the reasons. I know I'd want the best I could find with the best track record anyway. I'll give the big guy a little prayer that everything is successful for you. That certainly can't hurt. So good luck. One of those drops I had to use hurt like heck but they said it is what it is and is needed. Some it doesn't or isn't bad. Just don't get worried if it does for you is all I'm trying to get at.(y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I appreciate the comments. I'm confident the eye doc can make things right again. I'm just anxious to get it fixed.
Am I going to have to go through the whole eye drop regimen again just for the laser part?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts