Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got rear ended Friday night going 60mph. Woke up to the people that hit me checking if I was ok. All I could remember then was that I just got off work and it's slowly coming back, but still don't remember getting hit.

I had my armored jacket / gloves and helmet on. Shoulders, elbows, knuckles, ribs and knees are all 100% untouched. I'm told I bounced off the car, but no memory. Pretty minor injuries considering what happened. Sprained ankle and minor wrist fracture the doc said will be fine. Must have pulled my groin muscle because it's extremely hard to lift my leg and walk, it burns so bad.

The worst part though is that my lower back / upper ass had serious road rash with tons of gravel dents. Looking for tips from those who went thru the same thing. I'm not sure if taking a lukewarm bath would help or worsen things. I've just used antibiotic ointment and gauze, but going to look for something non stick tomorrow.

At first the adrenaline blocked all the pain. Kept telling the EMT I will just drive home and I was walking around just fine. Glad he convinced me because the pain came later. Now using a walker it takes 3 minutes to walk 20ft to the bathroom. Didn't want an expensive hospital bill, but the EMT took me to a further one that the VA covers for me.

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
I recommend an anti-microbial cleaner called Hibiclens, a pink liquid in a blue-green bottle, that will prevent and/or help eliminate any infection, and aid healing. You'll find it in the pharmacy. It's better than soap, because it doesn't sting like soaps, and has a strong surfactant, which should help keep the wounds moist, too. Once clean, any decent covering should do.

·
Very Famous Person
10,003 Posts
--

I have had numerous cuts and scrapes over the years. To avoid scarring, it's necessary to keep the wound covered and lubricated until the scab falls off. I use Bag Balm for this. The hard part is keeping it covered all the time except in the shower as the bandages don't always stay on. If you don't mind the scars, then you can just put it on occasionally.

--

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. Yes, I went with the EMT to the hospital. It was a bit of a blur, but I remember going into a full machine maybe MRI or full body xray. Called a lawyer yesterday and they got some info and going to speak again on Monday.

Thinking of going to the VA,hospital tomorrow to see if i can get some physical therapy. Feels,like once my groin stops burning, walking will be much easier. Takes a lot to lean in a walker and lift my right leg up to move it forward.

Ankle and wrist feel ok, it's just this general soreness that was suddenly 20 times stronger when I woke today and the road rash. Going to try some of these things and hopefully a bath will feel ok.

Hopefully I'll get to see the bike tomorrow. I was disoriented on the road and it was about 15 ft ahead of me, but from what I could see it appeared somewhat ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts