1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,442 Posts
I've ridden parts of it in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri. I've not gone past St. Louis though nor have I ridden the whole thing. Just parts. Some of it pretty much not worth calling a road anymore.

·
Read Only
685 Posts
I've enjoyed SW parts of 66. The old signage and historical remains along the road are pretty nostalgic and interesting. It's sometimes a pain to find some areas though, being so broken up and all.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
My dear wife and I got to drive small portions of it on our trip out to MO a few years ago - really interesting to see some of the older parts of it. I remember the pavement had an odd pinkish color to it in places.

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,442 Posts
The color of roads change depending on the local resources. There's a road here where I live that people called the Golden Highway for that very reason. So it all depends on the raw materials of the area being used as to color variations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.