Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the process of repairing my old pioneer nevada 125cc. I got a new battery and a new tank for it and put some fuel in it today but it just doesn't want to start for some reason!

I don't see much fuel in the fuel line (its got a clear hose so i can see inside of it) but there is still some fuel in it so I'm not sure if the problem is that!

there is no blockage because when I remove the fuel line from the tank, the fuel starts pouring out of the tank!

I have recorded a video and uploaded it on youtube but this forum doesn't allow me to post links as I only have 1 post!

is there any other ways to show you the video so I can get advice fo rmy problem?

any help would be appreciated!

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
PM me the link if you and I'll post it if you want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I figured it out, go to youtube.com and put this link right after it: /watch?v=tdb-g6PDlYk&feature=youtu.be

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I think first you have to narrow down whether it's a fuel or spark issue. Pull a plug out, put the spark plug wire on it, and ground the electrode against the head. Crank it and see if it sparks.

Alternatively you can give it a spritz of starter fluid in the air filter housing (just a short burst) and see if it fires or coughs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think first you have to narrow down whether it's a fuel or spark issue. Pull a plug out, put the spark plug wire on it, and ground the electrode against the head. Crank it and see if it sparks.

Alternatively you can give it a spritz of starter fluid in the air filter housing (just a short burst) and see if it fires or coughs.

Thanks for posting the video mate. appreciate it! I just have no idea how to do the stuff you said though!

this is my first bike so I need someone to baby step me through it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts