Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So If I hear something I don't like, It's ok to set businesses on fire, loot stores and cause massive mayhem ????????? $%^#ing thugs........:mad:

·
American Legion Rider
18,653 Posts
You mean you don't remember how those nasty honkies looted and burned everything down when OJ Simpson wasn't convicted of murder?

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
MLK addressed the issue of rioting the best. He said something to the effect of "You may be righteously indignant at a wrong that has been done to you or your people, but when you riot, injure others and destroy property, you immediately become guilty as well and lose any high ground upon which you once stood."

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
They are so mad that the officer wasn't indicted. They are also saying that the evidence of this boy being a thug should not have been brought up because it prejudiced them against him. Well, the grand jury saw all of the evidence and made their decision from it. They just wanted to railroad this officer.

I don't care what color either of them were, the evidence is there. They keep talking about needing change so that their kids aren't being killed. They need to teach these kids that robbing and assaulting others is wrong. No one is saying anything about that.

·
American Legion Rider
18,653 Posts
There are times when you really know what people are like. Two different cases in one month though? Will people even see it?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
One of the biggest mistakes in the whole mess was Al Sharpton showing up....it should have never been about race, it was about a cop and an unarmed person period....things went bad and the unarmed person was shot....and according to the Grand Jury it was a good shooting (meaning no fault was found for the cop) that's all done!

but of course before all that happened Al Sharpton shows up and starts in on racial profiling (it's not a stereotype...it's statistics) and doing his best to make sure a riot would happen....

it's a shame really, everyone knew that no matter what the verdict there was going to be looting and fighting

I have never cared what someones skin color was, I looked at how the person acted and behaved....but I also believe that if you think this country owes you something for the way your grandparents were treated....you need to go see a therapist....

·
Nightfly
3,721 Posts
A thinking black man today, one who voted democrat that past 40/50 years, should be asking himself, "what the hell has gone wrong." All these years the blacks were told they had to vote for the democrats if they ever wanted to escape their way of life. All these years the democrats have been telling blacks it is the racist whites in the Republican Party that are holding them back. They've been voting for fifty years for the democrats because they've been told they would take care of it, the democrats would clean it up.

Wouldn't any rational thinking person be asking themselves what happened? For fifty years, or more, they have voted the same and for fifty years they have gotten the same promises. And now they really hit it big with Obama. Hell, he promised them everything, all they had to do was ask. A black president, what more could they ask for, it's all gonna be made right from now on. But it hasn't, and that's the plan. People like Jackson and Sharpton don't want this type of thing to end, it's their cash cow. They just keep stirring the pot and the money comes in.

And isn't it telling that the businesses and homes being burned to the ground are mostly owned by the black people who are trying their best to be productive citizens in a black society that makes them out to be "uncle Tom's." When will the blacks wake up?

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
The black community picked the wrong martyr. Kid was a thug. His guilty conscience over his convenience store strong-arm robbery caused him to react improperly to the officer's approach and commands. The rest is history.

In so choosing, the black community LOST the support of most of white America, including yours truly.

I learned a long time ago innocent people of ANY color have VERY little to fear from cops --- UNLESS they're involved in an INITIALLY peaceful protest, like Occupy, Chicago 1968, Kent State, or any of the other anti-Vietnam war protests where bad cops went out with the GOAL of "busting heads."

·
American Legion Rider
18,653 Posts
Tobacco Road said:
Wouldn't any rational thinking person be asking themselves what happened?
There's the problem. Far too many stopped thinking. Let alone thinking rationally. They don't want to be responsible for their own actions and that goes clear back to the 60's. They still want someone to feel sorry for them and give them "things". They have no pride anymore. Now not all are that way but then those that aren't stay silent which makes them no better in the long run. But call me racist. That will solve everything.

C

·
0 Posts
Well it seems we have protestors in Minneapolis Minnesota now. So far for the most part its peaceful but let's see how long that lasts. In truth, it does not surprise me that people are protesting here. Also, you can't get truthful news here, all the local news channels are a joke to be respectful about it.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Our local media didn't report a lot of what happened. There was so much on the police scanner last night that was not reported. With all of the shooting they were doing it's hard to believe some of the officers weren't hit.

I don't care what color a person's skin is, what religion they are nor what nationality they are. A thug is a thug and this kid was. The media jumped all over this and kind of kept quiet about how many times this kid has been in trouble. Media should be blamed for making it racial way before Sharpton arrived on the scene.

Sharpton made things worse though. And the kid's stepfather needs to be charged for inciting a riot with all of his "burn this bit__ down" shouts.

My heart goes out to the good people that live in Ferguson. To be sure there are many. What is being shown on TV are just the trouble makers. This country will remain in my prayers.

·
Nightfly
3,721 Posts
Great column I came across written by Dr. Walter Williams..

Each year, roughly 7,000 (8,000 today) blacks are murdered. Ninety-four percent of the time, the murderer is another black person. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Using the 94 percent figure means that 262,621 were murdered by other blacks. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation’s population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims. Nationally, black homicide victimization rate is six times that of whites, and in some cities, it’s 22 times that of whites. Coupled with being most of the nation’s homicide victims, blacks are most of the victims of violent personal crimes, such as assault and robbery.

The magnitude of this tragic mayhem can be viewed in another light. According to a Tuskegee Institute study, between the years 1882 and 1968, 3,446 blacks were lynched at the hands of whites. Black fatalities during the Korean War (3,075), Vietnam War (7,243) and all wars since 1980 (8,197) come to 18,515, a number that pales in comparison with black loss of life at home. It’s a tragic commentary to be able to say that young black males have a greater chance of reaching maturity on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan than on the streets of Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, Oakland, Newark and other cities.

A much larger issue is how might we interpret the deafening silence about the day-to-day murder in black communities compared with the national uproar over the killing of Trayvon Martin [and Michael Brown]. Such a response by politicians, civil rights organizations and the mainstream news media could easily be interpreted as “blacks killing other blacks is of little concern, but it’s unacceptable for a white to kill a black person.”

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
The black community picked the wrong martyr. Kid was a thug. His guilty conscience over his convenience store strong-arm robbery caused him to react improperly to the officer's approach and commands. The rest is history.

In so choosing, the black community LOST the support of most of white America, including yours truly.

I learned a long time ago innocent people of ANY color have VERY little to fear from cops --- UNLESS they're involved in an INITIALLY peaceful protest, like Occupy, Chicago 1968, Kent State, or any of the other anti-Vietnam war protests where bad cops went out with the GOAL of "busting heads."
Kent State was not bad cops with the GOAL of mowing people down. Rather,it was some scared National Guardsmen that shot over the heads of the people who were trying to corner them, killing four downrange. Burning down university buildings at Kent State happened and that is when Gov, Rhoades brought in real guns and real bullets. The thing that escalated these protests into riots were outsiders from Chicago who played the students like pawns. Then the Chicago bunch went home only to emerge to positions of influence today.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts