Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I installed pods on my Suzuki GS450L carbs. In idle he runs fine but when I open the throttle there is a lag of 1,5 seconds.
I did cut out the rubber blocking the other air intakes at the carbs main intake

Now besides a fuel hose that is connected to both carbs, each carb has another seperate hose right above the fuel intake which apparently are the vacuum hoses? Now I don't remember where these 2 should go to.. Online I could find people that just blocked these vacuum hoses but that didnt work for me.

Unfortunately I'm unable to find information about this online. Anyone that knows how? Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
You really need to search for a service manual, as I have to guess about this, but, from this diagram:
https://www.partsoutlaw.com/oemparts/a/suz/50d3f261f8700230d8b4be15/carburetor
It appears that the fuel line could be #74 , and there are one or two other hoses on each carb, #59 and #68 . Hose #59 appears to only connect to one carb, on a nipple adjacent to the carb outlet. Since the other carb doesn't appear to have that nipple, I'd guess it is a vacuum port to operate a sensor. The area hose #68 connects is obscured on the drawing of the other carb; if that carb has a similar connection point, it would likely be a carb bowl vent. Or, if #68 is the fuel line, #66 could connect between the carbs, and supplies fuel to the other carb, which leaves #74 as the bowl vents. That wouldn't explain why #66 has three ends, though. Need a manual to explain that.

In any case, if the nipple for #59 is open, it would be a large vacuum leak, and really lean on that cylinder. Removing the air filters and the rubber that connects to them would also cause a very lean mixture. Both would cause a delay in throttle, loss of power, burned spark plugs, and possible damage to the pistons and valves. Just removing the rubber that is on the intake side of the air filters would probably lean the mixture, too, just not as much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.