Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a Honda CM400T that I am having throttle issues with currently. There is two nuts that are not on the thread (vibrate off when riding) and are sitting on the throttle wire which causes me to lose power because I cannot pull the throttle all the way back. The cable also sometimes comes off (blue circle in photo) if I hit a big bump. Here is 3 photos I have of what is happening

imgur.com/qAqAzju,IoTeo5d,IByVKB0#0

1st Image - Shows when the throttle IS being pulled back, And shows the 2 nuts that are on the cable and not on the thread.

2nd image - Showing how to access the throttle cable on the right side of the bike. I can not fit my hand in the gap to just easily screw them back on. I did not know if I could just take the carb vacuum off and just reach in and do it, or if that would require more work from taking it off.

3rd image- The blue circle is showing the area that comes off occasionally. The red circle is showing when the throttle is NOT
being pulled back. and the nuts go back under that wire.

Basically I just need to get those nuts back on so I can have a smooth throttle again and not have it sputter from getting stuck, But I am not an engine expert by any means and could use a little advice on how to access that to put them back on without messing anything up.

Also if anyone with a Honda CM400T could send me a picture of that area that would be amazing too!

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
You may have to move the carb out from the boots to access the nuts. If the boots are still flexible enough, you might be able to do it without moving the airbox. If there isn't enough clearance, the airbox may have to get moved.

Make sure that you pay attention to where any vent or drain hoses connect before moving anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts