1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Motorbike Macgyver
325 Posts
Its not the physical appearance itself that bothers me, it's the idea behind it. Kinda sad when your biggest ambition in life is to look pretty on a motorcycle, and that's exactly what the name throttle dolls implies. Doesn't exactly do much for equality IMO.

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its not the physical appearance itself that bothers me, it's the idea behind it. Kinda sad when your biggest ambition in life is to look pretty on a motorcycle, and that's exactly what the name throttle dolls implies. Doesn't exactly do much for equality IMO.
So what's wrong with a hot babe wanting to look hot riding a bike? Are they wanting more than that?

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Kinda sad when your biggest ambition in life is to look pretty on a motorcycle, and that's exactly what the name throttle dolls implies. Doesn't exactly do much for equality IMO.
Guess I don't see how you came to the conclusion their biggest ambition in life is looking pretty. To me the obvious conclusion is they want to encourage more women to ride.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I ain't no f-ing "doll" - I am a real life woman and would never ride with the word "doll" on my jacket! (Maybe a Barbie danging from a noose LOL!)

I'd love to start an all-women MC, women who love bikes, love to ride, and don't pander to the stereotypes! The biggest problem is that I can't find any! :(

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are out there Dianne. Just not as many as there should be. We have several that ride with us in the American Legion. Great women that are ready to ride any time rain or shine. Unlike some of the wimpy men on occasion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts