Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or, the height of achievement.
All three of my bikes are functional, and operating good enough to ride anywhere.
The XS11 has a new battery and is running real sweet.
The XS400 has a bunch of new pieces, and is running real sweet.
The SV1000 received an ECU attitude adjustment this year, and is running real sweet.
There is always service work to be done. Jet change on the 400, oil change on the 1100, and valve adjustment on the Suzuki. Three new tyres are in my future.
With the rain pouring down outside I am feeling good about my bikes.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Sounds to me like Unkle Crusty is sitting back with a fine glass of Brandy and perhaps a Cuban cigar. He's enjoying that feeling you get from working hard to get (or keep) your stable of Iron Horses running like the Sweet Ladies they are... I tip my hat to you Unkle... ENJOY!!!

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Cuban Cigars are not going to be so rare in the near future.
They're not really so rare now, at least down South.

I'm thinking there might be an influx of crap cigars with Cuban brands on them too. I'm guessing a fair amount of machorka is going to be smoked by US aficionados while leaning back and pontificating about the qualities of the finest leaves, hand-rolled on the thighs of beautiful Cuban women. :p

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
The XS11 has a new battery and is running real sweet.
The XS400 has a bunch of new pieces, and is running real sweet.
The SV1000 received an ECU attitude adjustment this year, and is running real sweet...............Unkle Crusty*
Guess you have a bunch of "really sweet" bikes, eh?! (lol)

-Soupy

·
Charlie Tango Xray
759 Posts
Or, the height of achievement.
All three of my bikes are functional, and operating good enough to ride anywhere.
Unkle Crusty*
Congrats, I wish I could say the same. Seems like I fix something on one old bike, and something pops up on another. For me oil changes are always overdue. Maybe I should have started collecting vintage 2 strokes instead. ;)
One bike needs a battery, that I've been putting off till spring. And the bike I'm planning to sell in the spring needs tires, and has a leaky carb.:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you

Sounds to me like Unkle Crusty is sitting back with a fine glass of Brandy and perhaps a Cuban cigar. He's enjoying that feeling you get from working hard to get (or keep) your stable of Iron Horses running like the Sweet Ladies they are... I tip my hat to you Unkle... ENJOY!!!
Thank you Jack.
There was quite a bit of work required on the two older Yamahas.
Mrs Snippets, bless her, is encouraging. She says " Don't worry dear, you will get it running " when I encounter what appears to be another impossible task. Like finding a swing arm shaft bushing for the XS400.

Unkle Crusty*

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
Conga Rats!!! The reason I sold my KZ was keeping the CV carbs in correct working order was getting to be a PITA.
I love old Carbureted bikes, but I don't have time to ride or maintain one (let alone two) right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts