Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
My bike is longer than a Smart Car. I saw one and checked....

R. S.
Ha! My bike is longer than a Smart Car too, though probably not as long as yours.
You can ALMOST hide a Smart car behind mine though :cool:
Victory Vision 106.4 inches long
Smart for 2 106.1 inches long
The owner of this one and his dog were quite amused when I asked if I could pose my bike right next to his car for a picture and why.

smartcar.jpg

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
When I drive my old one ton pickup to a store anywhere, I try to park away from other vehicles because with the extra wheels on the back, I need more space. When I come out, there's often other, old pickups parked next to mine.

Long as I can get out, I don't care.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, I don't see the problem in the OP photo... Someone seems to be a little tetchy. I did notice that the bike was parked toward the back of the parking spot. I always park mine so that the back of the bike is more or less even with the backs of the adjacent cars. That way folks won't mistake it for an empty spot and pull half way in, only to find my bike cowering at the back.

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
515 Posts
Ha! My bike is longer than a Smart Car too, though probably not as long as yours.
You can ALMOST hide a Smart car behind mine though :cool:
Victory Vision 106.4 inches long
Smart for 2 106.1 inches long
The owner of this one and his dog were quite amused when I asked if I could pose my bike right next to his car for a picture and why.

View attachment 66499
I betcha we can haul more on our bikes than the Smart cars will hold. I've got 121 liters of lockable storage, plus the seat for oversized items. Oh, and a huge tank bag if really needed it.

·
Registered
CB125R 2018 (Model Code: CBF125NAJ)
15 Posts
I always park my bike "poking its head out" of the parking space. Even with regular size cars, your bike gets pretty well hidden once the adjacent parking spaces become used. Wouldn't want some douche in a hurry to flatten my little Honda into a pancake just because he thought the parking space was empty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was parked in front of Panera in the center of my space. I watched a gal in a quad cab pickup pull the nose of it into MY space, almost touching my bike, before backing and straightening out and pulling into the space next to me. I was hot.:mad::mad::mad: Gee, if Bug had been sitting there instead, she would've just plowed into him, I'm sure.:mad:
I really wouldn't care if that were my bike, in the photo. However as soon as the bike pulls away, you have a completely different scenario. Another Cager is gonna want that spot, and then it gets contentious.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I remember at a motorcycle rally years ago, every bike registered for the rally was given a sticker to put on their bike that would serve as a waiver for the rule of limiting one bike to one parking spot.
Was this "rally" in Germany in the early 1940's? Time to move where people are free of overlord do-gooders...when you find that place, post it here.

There is a college town nearby, super Liberal...you should see all the nanny road signs, do this, don't do that...I'm mean it is beyond laughable how they wish to micro-control everyone. There are so many signs it is a dangerous distraction as you're spending way too much time trying to read all the signs to ensure you "don't break the law". There are actually signs that warn you to look for children before turning right on red...lol...The roads are busted up and absolutely horrible, the signs are all fresh and shiny as well as all the lines painted on the ground...lol...another joke...a narrow, insanely busy road and they encourage people to ride bicycles on it...never seen a single bike.

Oh, geesh, the bicycle fanatics...lol...they run the city council...spent $100,000 putting up reflector polls, going all out to cater to bicycles (removed many car parking spaces and killed the businesses...oops) in the small downtown district...looked terrible...the first winter, lots of snow, they spent $42,000 on snow shoveling for that 1/2 mile strip of road...all the poles and ground reflectors required intensive hand shoveling...lol...idiosos.

I was sitting at a red light and heard someone loudly counting down from 10...WTH? They spent a fortune (of other peoples money) installing TALKING traffic lights so blind people can safely cross the road. I've driven through this intersection countless times and have never seen a single blind person cross the road; heck, I've never seen a single blind person in any of the stores or even walking the sidewalk in the last 20 years.

Ok, enough ranting...live free folks...it's a gift few have had throughout history.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
How about when you park in a spot, then come back to find someone you don't know shared your spot with their motorcycle? This was a topic of controversy when I went back to college years ago.

My opinion is that if they park so as not to block me in, and they park so that if their bike fell over it wouldn't hit mine, I'm okay with it. But even then, it better be a busy lot, and not just so you can park closer to the building or some other dumb thing like that.

There are motorcyclists that get irate about this, which is their right.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Someone parking their bike near mine doesn't bother me as long as I am not blocked from leaving when I'm ready to leave.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts